This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Miami (Miami Shores, FL)
As an outcome of our Second General Synod, the Archdiocese of Miami has identified as its top priority the creation of an Archdiocesan Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry. We are conducting a search for a highly qualified individual to serve as Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry and take the lead on this initiative. The Director will work to synthesize the elements of the pastoral plan in building a solid office to provide direction and serve as a resource to the parishes and schools of the archdiocese in the formation of our youth and young adults in their Catholic faith. Primary responsibilities: design, develop and implement a training and certification program of leaders in the foundations of effective youth ministry, and provide leadership to assist the pastors in the training of large groups of young adults to serve as missionaries in their parishes. This position will supervise a Coordinator and a part-time administrative assistant. The best candidate is a strong Catholic, passionate about bringing young people to Jesus Christ and forming them as disciples, with the ability to establish a structure to support the strategic plan and build the relationships to maintain it.
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies, Theology, Pastoral Ministry or related field is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five years’ experience working in a ministerial position leading youth and young adults within the Catholic Church at the parish level.
• Three years’ experience working in a ministerial leadership position at the diocesan level with a successful track record of building and implementing programs with multiple delivery systems.
• Experienced and skilled in youth and young adult catechesis and promotion of Catholic theology with particular focus on the youth such as Theology of the Body.
• Skilled in formative and post-training evaluation methodologies.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing fully committed to and with advanced knowledge of the mission and tenets of the Catholic Church.
• Must have a clear vision of youth ministry and conversant on USCCB document, Renewing The Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
• Must have active participation in parish life.
• Must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish -language communication skills, including clear speaking voice. Haitian Creole a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Skilled in presentations and group facilitation
• Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of latest social media outlets
• Knowledge of fundamentals of project management a plus.
• Good time management skills including ability to manage several projects at the same time is required.
• Must have professional demeanor.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Subject line should read: YYAM Director (220)
Incoming search terms:
- youth and young adult ministries
- Archdiocese Miami Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- young pastoral miami catholic