This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Young Adult Ministry, PT Employee
St Thomas the Apostle (San Francisco, CA)
DIRECTOR OF YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
ST THOMAS & ST MONICA PARISHES, SAN FRANCISCO CA
Position Title: DIRECTOR OF YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY (YAM)
Status: 20-30hrs, salaried position
Reports to: Fr. John J. Sakowski, Pastor
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION:
Create a vibrant, comprehensive ministry that together with existing parish and school committees, provides a unique opportunity for the Church to administer to people at a critical junction in their lives. It is the objective of this position to build on current ministry structures within the parish to effectively reach, build up and minister to those in the life stages of college, singles, engaged couples, young marrieds, and young families through regular meetings, activities and retreats.
1. To empower young adults to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
2. To draw young adults to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of our Catholic faith community.
3. To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young adult.
4. To build and foster a strong vibrant young adult community within the Outer Richmond
Parish staff member-the YAM will be responsible to:
• Attend regular staff meetings and facilitate as necessary
• Participate in staff planning
• Communicate to staff about young adult ministry activities
• Seek staff and parish council input in planning young adult activities
• Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to young adult ministry
• Serve as the liaison with the pastor, parish staff and the parish council
Parish Young Adult Ministry–the parish YAM program integrates (college, singles, engaged couples, young marrieds, and young families) catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for young adults. Primary responsibilities include:
• Establishing and facilitating a YAM Leadership Team, which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive program
• Coordinating the recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of volunteers
• Developing a systematic and intentional plan for young adult catechesis that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes
• Providing resources (print, video, archdiocesan events) for effective programming
• Coordinating the outreach to & evangelization of all young adult constituencies in the parish
• Fostering the involvement of young adults in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities
• Provide ongoing education and generate excitement for the broader parish in regards to a vision of a vibrant young adult parish community
• Develop and maintain a budget approved by the Finance Committee and Pastor. Initiate opportunities for fundraising, grants or donations for special projects.
• Serving as the liaison with the diocesan office of young adult ministry and their programs, services and resources
• Participating in the diocesan association of professional young adult ministers and in any local YAM associations
1. Be a person of Catholic faith who strives to live a life guided by the Gospel, rooted in regular personal prayer, and lived out in the catholic faith community.
2. 4 years of experience in Parish Young Adult Ministry
3. Enjoys leading groups; skilled in communication, organization, conflict management, budgeting, legal issues and managing volunteers.
4. Enjoys and understands young adult culture and can effectively and safely use technology and social media to connect and build the faith of parish young adults in a relevant, visual and vibrant manner (websites, Twitter, email, YouTube, software and online tools, powerpoint, etc.)
5. Sensitivity to different cultures, abilities and heritages.
6. Flexibility and skilled at working collaboratively with others. Some flexibility to work evenings, some weekends, travel on retreats with young adults as necessary to attend conferences, etc.
St. Thomas and St. Monica’s Parishes are made up of approximately 800 families in the Richmond district of San Francisco, CA. We are in a beautiful location 15 minutes from downtown San Francisco, surrounded by the ocean & plush parks.
We are dedicated toward reviving the spark amongst our parishioners, building an even deeper level of connectivity amongst our parish community and evangelizing within our neighborhood and school family to foster spiritual growth.
Our pastor, parish council and parishioners are anxious to aid our young adults to enliven and/or deepen their faith and encounter Jesus. We are looking at our young adult ministry program to be a major component in accomplishing this goal.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume with two references via e-mail to [email protected] (please write “YAM position” in the subject line). Please contact this same email address with said subject line for any questions. Please submit application and cover letter by August 4, 2014 (125)