This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUNG ADULT AND HISPANIC MINISTRY
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Youth and Young Adult Evangelization Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Director of Young Adult and Hispanic Ministry. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
NOTE: This is an appointed position by the Ordinary of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle and subject to Archdiocesan Policy pertaining to appointed positions. The supervisor of this position reserves the right to make necessary modifications to this position to reflect current and appropriate responsibilities.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Develops, organizes and implements all young adult ministry programming in accord with the goals, policies and mission of the Archdiocese. Ensures all archdiocesan young adult ministry efforts extend the ministry of the Archbishop, are rooted in the New Evangelization and designed to support the mission and vision of the Archbishop and the Archdiocese. Provides opportunities for and support to parishes in their ministry to bring young adults into a meaningful and transformational relationship with Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. Provides direct programming when necessary to continue the mission of the Church in Western Washington.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1) Develops, directs and coordinates archdiocesan efforts in young adult ministry, which will include evaluating, altering as necessary and implementing the vision for young adult ministry accounting for parish, deanery and archdiocesan roles in the evangelization of young adults throughout Western Washington, including opportunities for young adults to come together for fellowship, prayer, service and catechesis.
2) Identifies effective models of ministering to young adults, making them available to parishes and faith communities throughout the Archdiocese. Serve as a consultant and primary liaison to pastors and parish leadership in the area of young adult ministry. Provides resources to young adult ministry leadership including those who work in Campus Ministry, and those whose ministries most directly impact young adults to enable cooperation and collaboration as makes sense. Gathers this group if and when it becomes necessary.
3) Provides direction, leadership and serve as primary staff person responsible for the implementation of archdiocesan events for young adults, including but not limited to Archbishop’s Holy Thursday Pilgrimage, Theology on Tap, the Young Adult WYD Delegation, Service Saturdays, and the Archbishop’s Young Adult Pilgrimage. Assembles and leads the planning teams and task groups associated with each of these events. Evaluates, improves and alters events and programs as necessary and prudent.
4) Maintains strategic efforts in direct outreach to young adults on behalf of parish, deanery and archdiocesan groups serving young adults. This includes the mobile app, website, social media, and print materials.
5) Provides supervision to the Assistant Director of Young Adult Ministry in his/her work with Young Adult Ministry and Hispanic Youth and Young Adult Ministry, casting vision for his/her work. Working with the Office of Hispanic Ministry, evaluates the needs of Hispanic ministry and provides direction to the office in responding to those needs. Participates in quarterly meetings with the Vicar of Hispanic Ministry as well as additional meetings and initiatives at the Vicar’s request to ensure the office is working toward his priorities and vision.
6) Provides oversight of the archdiocesan sponsored campus ministries at the University of Washington and Western Washington University and expands outreach to Catholic student leadership within all institutions of higher learning within the Archdiocese. Establishes and maintains relationships with the campus ministry teams at both Catholic universities in Western Washington.
7) Assumes responsibility for a portion of the operating budget by managing as an effective and responsible steward of these resources and the gifts of the people of God, entrusted for the ministry of the Archbishop.
8) Collaborates with other Chancery departments, working particularly closely with Retreat Centers, Faith Formation and Vocations, as necessary and helpful in proving opportunities for young adults and resources for parishes and deaneries.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Be a practicing Catholic, completely faithful to the Church and the Magisterium and have a strong and disciplined prayer life.
d. Possess a heart for the New Evangelization.
a. Masters degree in Catholic Philosophy, Pastoral Ministry, Divinity, or other related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with significant qualifying experience required.
a. Demonstrated successful leadership/management experience to include staff supervision, program management and budget management.
b. 5+ years of professional young adult ministry experience at the parish, regional or diocesan level.
c. Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing events.
d. Demonstrated experience in organizing and leading retreats rooted in Catholic spirituality and theology.
e. Demonstrated successful experience working with people with various economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
f. Experience in staffing boards, committees and other leadership groups.
4. Other Elements:
a. Knowledge of and compatibility with the mission of the Catholic Church, and commitment to the value and philosophy of young adult ministry.
b. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to speak effectively to individuals and to groups.
c. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individual and group of diverse backgrounds.
a. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to understand the basics of web design and programming.
b. Demonstrated competency in using social networking such as Facebook and Twitter for ministry or professional purposes as well as Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
c. Experience working with content managements systems, and basic knowledge of mobile app maintenance.
d. Strongly demonstrated competence in interpersonal and public relations skills including the ability to work collaboratively with Chancery staff, pastors and parish ministers.
e. Ability to work on most evenings and weekends.
f. Must have access to a vehicle; possess a valid Washington driver’s license, and the ability to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Seattle.
g. Bilingual competency in Spanish preferred but not required.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (131)
Incoming search terms:
- Entrusted Stewards and Youth and Young Adults