This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SUCCESS PROGRAMS
Other, FT Employee
St. Catharine College (St. Catharine, KY)
St. Catharine College has an opening for the Director of Student Success Programs. The Director is responsible for overseeing several programs related to academic success and student development. The Director manages five main programming areas including academic advising, probation advising, student intervention, career services, and study abroad. The Director also oversees tutoring services, along with providing general academic support to students such as time management, study and test taking skills. The Director is a direct report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• ACADEMIC ADVISING – oversees administration of faculty-based advising and carries direct advising load of undecided students and Liberal Arts/Social Sciences. Also serves as “back-up” advisor for all non-health science majors during summer and breaks.
• PROBATION ADVISING – supervises and assists a part-time counselor for students placed on academic probation. Involves weekly meetings with students, coaching them in academic success strategies.
• STUDENT INTERVENTION – administers and co-chairs the college’s intervention program (team based) for students who are reported as struggling academically, personally and/or behaviorally.
• CAREER SERVICES – manages functions associated with preparing students for careers and job searches. Assists with resume writing, cover letters, interview skills, dressing for success, where to search for jobs, etc.
• STUDY ABROAD – coordinate study abroad program at the college, serving as the initial contact for interested students and facilitating the process with cooperating partners and providers.
• THE TUTORING CENTER – supervises the Center’s coordinator, who serves students on a walk-in basis by providing supplemental instruction, particularly in mathematics and writing.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with significant, related experience; Master’s degree preferred. Submit a letter of interest, CV or resume, and unofficial transcripts to Carlotta Brussell, Director of Human Resources, St. Catharine College, 2735 Bardstown Road, St. Catharine, KY 40061. Electronic submission (MS Word and/or PDF) to [email protected] will be accepted. Position will remain open until filled. St. Catharine College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (183)
Incoming search terms:
- job description for vice president for advising and student success