This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
St. Paul the Apostle (Westerville, OH)
Saint Paul the Apostle Parish
Director of Religious Education
Saint Paul the Apostle Parish, a 4,000 family Catholic community in Westerville, Ohio (Columbus) is in search of a Director of Religious Education (DRE).
The Director of Religious Education is responsible for the ministry of catechesis in the Parish School of Religious Education, oversees and offers policies and catechetical programs for children, and young adults. Specifically, this individual leads the day to day operations of a 900 plus student body PSR program ranging from pre-school through eighth grade with a staff of four coordinators and over 100 volunteer catechists. This individual is also a member of the parish liturgy committee and works closely with school administrators and pastoral associates.
The qualified individual will have an MA in Religious Education/Catholic Theology or equivalent, a minimum of 3 years parish religious education or similar experience; familiarity with principles and dimensions of; catechist formation, children’s ministry, young adult ministry, proven administrative skills including interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, management and supervision, budget preparation, and be a collaborative minister.
Compensation is completely open and commensurate with experience and education.
For more information, please contact; Deacon Dean Racine, Director of Parish Administration at (614) 882-2109. Resumes may be sent with a cover letter by e-mail to [email protected]
Full Job Description:
St. Paul the Apostle Parish – Westerville, Ohio
Job Title: Director of Religious Education
Responsible to: Pastor
Pay Range: Commiserate with Experience
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director of Religious Education has responsibility for all that pertains to the ministry of catechesis in the Parish School of Religious Education, oversee and offer policies and catechetical programs for children, and young adults. The position is expected to use personal judgment in carrying out routine duties and responsibilities of the Parish.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the parish policy and procedures manuals.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and oversee the development and implementation of ongoing education/formation for Parish School of Religious Education to promote effective catechesis.
2. Consult Pastor in reviewing materials and designing programs. Provides resources upon request.
3. Familiarize Parish Catechetical staff with the content of the Church’s catechetical documents and implement principles of catechesis in parish programs.
4. In consultation with Pastor and catechetical ministers, develops and implements policies and Diocesan guidelines for religious education, sacramental preparation faithful to the Church’s catechetical documents.
5. Prepare and manage the Office of Religious Education budget.
6. Maintains regular communication with parish catechetical staff
7. Maintain membership and participation in appropriate National, Regional, and Diocesan catechetical organizations as required.
8. Regular attendance and punctuality is essential for this job.
III. OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complies with federal, state and local safety laws.
2. Maintains a neat and safe work area.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of Protecting God’s Children program.
Education: MA in Religious Education/Catholic Theology or equivalent is required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years parish religious education experience or similar experience is required; familiarity with principles and dimensions of, catechist formation, children’s ministry, young adult ministry proven administrative skills including interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, management and supervision, budget preparation and collaborative minister.
Job Related Skills: Experience with catechetical methodology and adult learning process; experience in ecclesial/ministerial visioning and planning including familiarity with Church structures and systems.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
Management Skills: The ability to manage and lead people by hands-on example; build a vision and gain buy-in from clergy, peers, and staff; and ability to manage to agree upon budget.
Language skills: Strong oral and written communication skills are required; ability to read and comprehend instructions, write correspondence, and memos.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working Environment: Ability to maintain all information in a highly confidential manner.
V. PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDS
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work. (166)
Incoming search terms:
- deacon dean racine
- Director of religious education at St Paul the Apostle
- St Paul Parish Mission westerville ohio
- st paul school wesrervolle ohio