This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
St. Mary’s Church (Jackson, TN)
PARISH: St. Mary’s, Jackson, TN
POSITION: Director of Religious Education
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Religious Education administrates (designs, develops, directs, and evaluates) a total parish catechetical program and provides leadership to assist St. Mary’s parish community in building a solid foundation for youth and adult spirituality, Christian living, ministry and outreach. The position includes the oversight of programs for both English and Spanish speaking members of the parish.
1. Designs catechetical programs which support lifelong learning.
• Conducts parish needs assessments
• Integrates insights from current catechetical literature into program planning.
• Develops goals, objectives, and strategies for the total religious education program.
• Articulates a vision/direction for the parish catechetical program.
• Pursues further education and professional development.
2. Develops a coordinated approach toward total parish religious education (i.e. faith development through catechesis on all levels).
• Designs catechetical programs which meet the needs of the parish community.
• Recruits/hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates catechists and support staff.
• Maintains relationship with pastor, other parish staff members, catechetical staff and Diocesan Office of Religious Education.
• Develops individualized programs for parishioners with special religious education needs.
• Initiates and maintains a parish library
• Is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of AV equipment
3. Directs the implementation and on-going management of the total parish religious education program
• Identifies and enables leadership within the community to take responsibility for program components.
• Adjusts program components (space, time, materials, human, and physical resources) as needed.
• Creates and monitors a budget (income and revenue allocation) for the operation of programs.
• Obtains resources (AV, parish, library, textbooks and liturgy materials) which complement the religious education efforts in the parish.
• Coordinates liturgical/sacramental functions and varied prayer experience.
• Communicates with participants, parents, parish-at-large to keep them informed of religious education efforts.
4. Evaluates the religious education programs of the total parish in relation to the goals, objectives and strategies.
• Conducts program evaluation at all levels (parish staff, catechetical staff and participants).
• Collates evaluation information and gives feedback to appropriate groups
(education commission, parish staff, program participants, etc.).
• Adjusts religious education programs in relation to parish feedback and current professional literature.
• Meets with coordinators of programs to elicit further information regarding evaluation and future planning.
Working Environment: This position entails frequent evening and weekend work.
ADDENDUM: The following is a list of programs for which the Director of Religious Education could be responsible:
* Elementary Parish School of Religion (CCD)
* Youth, High School, and Young Adult Programs
* Early Childhood Programs
* Sacramental Preparation Programs (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation)
* Special Religious Education Programs
* Vacation Bible School
* Adult and Parent Education Adult Sunday School
* R.C.I.A. Process
* Parish Ministry Training
1) Education: The Director of Religious Education must be a Catholic in good standing and is expected to have one or both of the following:
* MA in Theology/Religious Education or a related theological field
* MA in Education or Educational Administration with twenty-four (24) semester credits in Theology and Catechetics.
2) Experience: The Director of Religious Education is expected to have a minimum of three years teaching experience in a Catholic school or equivalent and at least one year of paid administrative experience. It is preferable that the candidate possess previous experience as a Director of Religious Education.
Skills/Knowledge: The Director of Religious Education is expected to have capabilities in:
* Program Development
* Catechist Development
* Communication (oral, written, use of technology)
* Administration, Organization, and Management
* Bilingual competence in Spanish and English preferable but not required
Qualified candidates interested in applying are invited to forward curriculum vitae (CV) or resume to the address listed below. Both paper and electronic submissions are accepted.
Rev. Msgr. Thomas D. Kirk
Attn: Mona Strazzella
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
1665 Hwy 45 Bypass
Jackson, TN 38305
Fax: 731-668-9809 (222)
Incoming search terms:
- religious education
- catholic director of education position 2013
- catholic Paris Life Director position 2013
- catholic pro life lessons for CCD
- director of religious education blog
- Director of Religious Education Evaluations
- religious education program for catholic school
- Supervisor of Religious education