This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
St Jude Church (Boca Raton, FL)
The Director of Religious Education serves as a visible leader in the parish community and assists the parish community in building a solid foundation of catechetical and faith formation ministry. He or she is committed to the development of religious education of children and adults and works to motivate and enable all the Religious Education catechists and assistants in their efforts to educate the students in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: The Pastor
Supervises: Religious Education Assistant and Volunteers
Religious Education of Children and Adolescents:
1. Designs catechetical programs which support lifelong learning based on Diocesan guidelines, parish needs and contemporary culture
2. Integrates insights from current catechetical literature into program planning
3. Develops goals, objectives and strategies for the total religious education program.
4. Articulates a vision/direction for the parish catechetical program.
5. Adjusts program components (space, time, materials, human and physical resources) as needed.
6. Assists in the creating of a budget (income and revenue allocation) for the operation of programs.
7. Obtains resources (AV, parish, library, textbooks, liturgy materials) which complement the religious education efforts in the parish.
8. Negotiates for space and other physical environment requirements with the Principal, Parish Scheduler and Director of Institutional Advancement. .
9. Organize catechetical program; recruit, form and supervise teachers; conduct registration for and maintain contact with parents of children in religious education.
10. Prepare and implement the liturgical celebrations of first sacraments for parish children in the religious education program.
11. Develops individualized programs for parishioners with special religious education needs.
Faith Formation for Adults:
1. Organize and schedule RCIA classes
2. Organize, schedule and/or supervise the implementation of parish adult Bible studies and other adult formation programs.
• Take an active role in the parish communication efforts.
• Participate in parish leadership meetings.
• Assist Pastor as needed
• Masters of Theology preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience in parish based ministry.
• Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required.
• Active participant in the work of the Roman Catholic Church and is able to partake in the full sacramental life of the church
• Demonstrate capability to carry out administrative and supervisory duties in a timely fashion, utilizing good communication and relationship skills
• Good judgment, discretion, and a strong work ethic
• Skills in counseling and public speaking
• Must complete the Diocesan “Protecting God’s Children” workshop and pass background check.
• Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his or her own work to ensure quality
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
• Ability to work effectively with diocesan employees, department heads, parish staff, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Superb interpersonal skills; ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Must be a “team player,” and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to use office equipment (fax, computer, copier etc.)
• Capable of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive data
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Willing to adhere to all Diocesan Policies and Procedures and complete all required employment documents
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to:
St. Jude Church
Attn: Fr Michael Kissane, O.Carm.
21689 Toledo Rd.
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Email: [email protected] (129)
Incoming search terms:
- Director Education Boca Raton FL
- saint jude church boca raton