This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Saint Ignatius Church (Austin, TX)
Director of Religious Education
Overview: St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic Church in Austin, TX, seeks a Director of Religious Education (DRE) to serve, educate and form young people (Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade) and families alike.
The DRE is a person who is a fully initiated member of the Catholic Church and has a commitment to pass on the Faith through classroom education, liturgical practice and personal example. The DRE is responsible for coordinating the recruitment and training of volunteers, participating in collaborative program development and curriculum review, the scheduling of classes and facilities, the ordering of materials and books, and, in general, for carrying out program organizational details for the pastor. The Director works closely with the pastoral staff, catechists, and members of the parish to meet the religious education goals and spiritual needs of the youth, families, and the parish in an effective manner.
To effectively lead in this position, the successful candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings. The DRE reports directly to the Pastor and works in conjunction with the entire Pastoral Team.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
Coordinate the recruiting, training, and ongoing support of catechists and other volunteers. Ensure Ethics & Integrity in Ministry (EIM) compliance of all religious education staff and volunteers.
Plan and implement the annual Summer Vacation Bible School for the parish.
Coordinate the recruiting, registration, and attendance of religious education participants.
Provide ongoing parent and catechist faith formation.
Participate in a collaborative process of developing goals, objectives, and strategies for religious education program that serves the entire parish
Participate with pastoral staff in planning special liturgical and para-liturgical experiences for children.
Supervise Youth Minister, particularly in regards to the middle school program.
Maintaining up-to-date records of baptismal records for each student, especially those preparing to celebrate the Sacraments of Initiation.
Coordinate communication, logistics, and attendance at special programs (i.e. retreats, whole family sessions, parent formation sessions, sacramental preparation, etc.).
Maintain the timely ordering of textbooks, educational materials, and maintaining and organizing supplies of expendable materials in designated RE storage.
Attend parish staff meetings and religious education departmental meetings.
Ensure the safe arrival and departure of all students including opening and closing classrooms thirty minutes prior to RE sessions.
Maintain and keep within the operational budget for Religious Education.
Participate in continuing education and professional development, as appropriate, in the areas of faith, liturgy, and educational pedagogy.
Maintain communication with the religious education staff, catechists, and parish through a variety of media sources including the church bulletin.
Participate in and/or support major parish events (social, liturgical, etc.).
Other duties as directed by pastor.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in theology or religious study, or a diocesan certification or equivalent. Consideration given to those with post-graduate studies or Master’s Degree.
• At least three years successful work experience in catechetics, sacramental preparation, or related field in a Catholic parish.
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
• Must be able to communicate well in both English and Spanish (as a great deal of our Religious Education parents are Spanish-only speaking).
• Must complete and maintain Ethics & Integrity in Ministry with the Diocese of Austin.
• Demonstrated catechetical experience, as well as some knowledge of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (adapted for children).
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and teaching skills.
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Must be able to plan, organize, problem solve, multi-task and adapt to change as needed.
• Must be friendly and approachable.
• Must be able to incorporate Catholic social teachings, a love for liturgy, and a spirit of prayer.
About us: Saint Ignatius Martyr is a large, growing, diverse and active parish in the heart of Austin and the Diocese of Austin. Founded in 1937 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Ignatius Martyr is known for its vibrant liturgies, love for social justice, very active community, and willingness to adapt to a changing world. Presently there are more than 2900 registered families, and there are over 65 ministries in which a parishioner can be involved. Masses are offered weekly in three languages: English, Spanish and ASL (Interpreted for the Deaf). Our parishioners generously give of their time in service to our parish community. Salary is commensurate with experience and benefit package is in line with the policy of the Diocese of Austin.
To apply: To apply for this position, please submit a letter of application, resume, and reference list (include name, relationship, email address and telephone number) including a reference from the pastor of your parish or a religious superior. Submit the entire application package to [email protected] No phone calls or walk-ins please. (269)
Incoming search terms:
- Austin tx
- st ignatius opening prayer for board meetings
- st ignatius church austin tx
- St ignatius catholic church spring tx
- st ignatious church mass schedule austin tx
- st ignacious church austin
- St ignacio catholic church mass portland oregon
- religious formation sponsor post address catholic church
- duties of education director of church school
- director of religious st ignatius