DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
Church of St. Ignatius Loyola (New York, NY)
Director of Religious Education
Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, a Roman Catholic Church administered by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), is seeking a Director of Religious Education. This individual is responsible for organizing and directing a program of lifelong faith formation for all parishioners under the direction of the pastor and in collaboration with the pastoral staff.
– Developing and implementing a coordinated approach for comprehensive and systematic catechesis for children, youth, and adults.
– Administering and directing parish catechetical programs from children to adults.
– Recruiting and providing on-going training for catechists.
– Supervising catechists and support staff.
– Collaborating with the pastor, staff members, grammar school principal, and parish leaders.
– Communicating with the parish community, other catechetical leaders, and the Archdiocese.
– Taking responsibility for his/her ongoing professional and spiritual development.
– Master Catechist Certification desirable.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree in religious education/theology from a Catholic college or university. Desirable: M.A. or equivalent in religious education, theology, scripture, liturgical studies, or a related field.
– A degree from a Jesuit institution and knowledge of/experience with Ignatian spirituality is a plus.
– 2+ years’ previous experience working in religious education.
Compensation package includes salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Send resume with related work experience and salary history to Ms. Diane Boyle, Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, 980 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10028. Email: [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- saint ignatius of loyola highland park church
- roman catholic church casaseraga ny
- St Ignatius Loyola Church new york
- st ignatius of loyola church nyc
- st ignatius of loyola religious education