This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF PARISH STEWARDSHIP
Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Stewardship and Development Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Director of Parish Stewardship. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
NOTE: This is a position appointed by the Ordinary of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle and subject to Archdiocesan Policy pertaining to appointed positions. The supervisor of this position reserves the right to make necessary modifications to this position to reflect current and appropriate responsibilities.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
The Archdiocese of Seattle has made a commitment to ask every Catholic in Western Washington to live stewardship as a way of life. The Director of Parish Stewardship is responsible for assisting all parishes and other departments in the Archdiocese with carrying out efforts to encourage their parishioners to make a commitment to stewardship as a way of life, including living their strengths and becoming more engaged in the parish community.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
Move Stewardship from a Program to a Way of Life: Encourages parishes to embrace stewardship and to promote stewardship as a way of life to their parishioners in the hope that all parishioners will embrace stewardship as a way of life, through the following 3 approaches:
Strengthened Church (40%)
1. Education: Responsible for Formation opportunities oriented towards encouraging parishes to engage in the Strengthened Church effort. These responsibilities include putting together those formation events/opportunities; and promoting those formation opportunities to parishes to encourage the greatest possible audience.
2. Tactical: Responsible for creating materials that promote Strengthened Church efforts and distributing those to the parishes. Work with parishes to determine what is working and what is not. Clearly define and report to parishes the results of testing to promote ‘best practices’.
Parish Stewardship Yearly Commitment Renewal Effort (50%)
1. Education: Responsible for Stewardship Formation opportunities oriented towards training for a successful yearly commitment renewal effort These responsibilities include: reviewing the commitment renewal status of the parishes in the Archdiocese to evaluate how training should be focused; putting together those events/opportunities; and promoting those formation opportunities to parishes to encourage the greatest possible audience. These may take place in and for individual parishes or for all parishes or groups of parishes.
2. Tactical: Responsible for creating Stewardship materials that promote stewardship as a way of life (both commitment renewal oriented and formational/spiritual/hospitality for the rest of the year), distributing those to the parishes, and testing to see how effectively those materials work in getting parishioners to practice stewardship. Clearly define and report to parishes the results of testing to promote ‘best practices’.
Special Collections – Peter’s Pence, the occasional collection for the Archdiocese of the Military, and Priest Pension special collections (10%): Serves as the coordinator of these special collections in the Archdiocese of Seattle.
1. Works with the USCCB National Collection’s office, and the Development office of the Archdiocese of the Military Services to ensure materials are distributed to parishes.
2. Encourage all parishes to execute the campaign to the greatest degree possible.
3. Coordinates the Priest Pension special collection by encouraging parishes to include this special collection envelope in their envelope packets.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Roman Catholic who is an active member of a parish or faith community.
a. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred.
a. 3 years experience working on a parish or diocesan staff with extensive involvement in parish stewardship efforts.
4. Other Elements:
a. Valid Washington State driver’s license.
b. The ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
c. Ability to work within a team environment.
d. Will need to prepare analysis and recommendations regarding stewardship and giving throughout the Archdiocese as well as in individual parishes.
e. Familiarity with excel spreadsheets helpful as a tool for analysis and recommendations.
f. Knowledge of Raisers Edge highly preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (97)
Incoming search terms:
- Archdiocese of Seattle Stewardship
- archdiocese of seattle-stewardship renewal
- seattle archdioces