This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
Music Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mary Catholic Church and School (Littleton, CO)
Now Hiring: Director of Music
Interested applicants must submit 3 items: Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements to: [email protected] no later than June 30, 2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Founded in 1901, St. Mary Catholic parish in Littleton, Colorado is a Stewardship Parish and school growing to over 2,200 families in the Archdiocese of Denver led by the religious order, The Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary (DCJM).
As a member of the parish liturgy team, the Director of Music is responsible for developing and leading a rich and excellent music ministry program that will serve and enhance all liturgies, seek to increase participation by our assemblies, and aid in their worship. The Director will: direct and form various choirs, ensembles and bands that serve at the parish’s regular weekend liturgies, and on holy days and other special liturgical celebrations; oversee and organize music ministry participation at funerals, weddings, other sacramental celebrations, and parish retreats; prepare for liturgical seasons and key liturgies in collaboration with the Director of Liturgy, Mission and Worship; and join with staff to foster a spirit of welcome and a ministerial focus on the weekend Mass experience. The candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church, an active member of a Roman Catholic Parish with knowledge, understanding and acceptance of the Catholic Church and its mission.
The position is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the Director of Liturgy, Mission and Worship. The work schedule will be flexible as per the demands of the role, including weekends and some evenings. A competitive salary will be commensurate with related education and experience. A minimum Bachelor degree is required (Master’s preferred). A combination of education and related work experience in music, liturgy, ministry, and theology is desired. Prior experience in non-profit or working for the church is a plus.
Experience of effective management of people and processes is needed. The applicant needs strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively, develop and evaluate new ideas, make recommendations and lead change.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
• Coordinate with the Director of Liturgy, Mission and Worship to determine the parish repertoire for all liturgies: Sunday and Holy Day masses, weddings, funerals, and designated parish celebrations and programs, and to plan the celebration of the Liturgical Year.
• Recruit, train, direct, and supervise cantors, other vocalists, and instrumentalists, including children where appropriate, and form, rehearse, and schedule choirs, ensembles, and orchestras.
• Lead the choirs, instrumentalists, and the assembly at liturgies, and develop and direct team leaders to assist in leading liturgies.
• Coordinate with Director of Facilities to provide direction for the use and maintenance of the sound system and all associated equipment.
• Work with the liturgy team to identify and implement creative ideas to grow the music ministry and enhance parishioner understanding of liturgy and music.
• Instill a sense of service and stewardship within the Music Ministry, and an appreciation of its role as part of the team of parish liturgical ministries.
• Be an active member of the staff team and actively support the vision of the pastor and the DCJM.
• Develop and administer a budget for Music Ministry programs in consultation with the Director of Liturgy.
• Maintain professional skills through personal practice and continuing education opportunities, and expand knowledge and appreciation of Catholic liturgical and musical traditions.
Please see the parish website www.stmarylittleton.org for a full job description. (151)
Incoming search terms:
- www st mary littleton org
- catholic church saint mary mandalay
- st mary parish littleton music director