This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES
Music Ministry, FT Employee
St. Francis of Assisi Parish (Fairfield Glade, TN)
St. Francis of Assisi Church in Fairfield Glade, Tennessee, is seeking to hire a full time director of music ministries. The position’s primary duties are to:
• Work with the pastor and the parish liturgy committee to ensure creative and pastorally appropriate integration of music within the liturgy;
• Increase regular attendance at all weekend and special liturgies through the quality of music and the congregation’s understanding of the role of music in liturgy;
• Recruit, train and supervise musicians and cantors and to rehearse and lead the choirs for all weekend and special liturgies; and
• Encourage choir membership.
Qualifications: A minimum bachelor’s degree in music with vocal training preferred; minimum two years’ experience in parish music ministry; demonstrated proficiency on keyboard instruments and choral conducting and the ability to develop musicianship of cantors and other musician. Must be a practicing Catholic. Salary will be commensurate with training and background.
The full job description can be reviewed on the Diocese of Knoxville Website at http://dioknox.org/job-opportunities/.
Additional Information: Fairfield Glade is a Wyndham Resort facility located on the Cumberland Plateau off of I-40 between Knoxville and Nashville. It boasts of 5 Championship golf courses, 11 navigable lakes as well as sports/fitness and health facilities. Complete area information may be viewed by accessing www.fairfieldglade.net.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resumes and a cover letter to Vince D’Alessandro, 206 Markham Lane, Fairfield Glade TN 38558, or to [email protected] (135)
Incoming search terms:
- st francis of assisi fairfield glade tn
- St Francis of Assisi calips
- st francis of assisi catholic church choir dubai
- St Francis of Assisi Church in Fairfield Glade Tennessee