This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AND LITURGY
Music Ministry, FT Employee
St. Thomas More University Parish (Bowling Green, OH)
Director of Music and Liturgy
St. Thomas More University Parish, the Catholic Campus Ministry for BGSU, is seeking a devoted individual for a full-time position in the area of Parish Music and Liturgy. While this position fills the necessary demands of a parish liturgist, in this unique University Parish community, it also requires the ability to invite, encourage, and animate university students to use their musical gifts in the service of the Lord and the prayer of His Church.
This person must have experience in music and liturgy planning pertaining to the Catholic Mass. The Director should be able to provide liturgical formation and practical preparation for cantors, choral and instrumental groups. Addition, this person must be proficient in keyboard and other leading instruments while competent in voice.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with the broad scope of liturgical music from traditional chant to contemporary praise and worship. Sound organizational, interpersonal, and management skills also required.
The ultimate goal of this position is to aid in the formation of student leaders in all areas of liturgical ministry.
Areas of Responsibility include, but aren’t limited to:
- Select repertoire which reflects the theology of the community of St. Thomas More, the Mission of our Campus Ministry, and current liturgical reforms
- Be responsible for sound system care and maintenance
- Provide training for all liturgical ministers: Ushers, Lectors, and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Working with the Student Sacristan, coordinate chapel environment – altar cloths, seasonal decorations, flowers and plants, and banners (when appropriate)
- Is creative in engaging the University community through music ministry so as to offer a prayerful experience of Liturgy (83)
Incoming search terms:
- Saint Thomas of Aquin Teolgist of Catholic church
- St Thomas More University Parish - Bowling Green OH