This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AND LITURGY
Music Ministry, FT Employee
All Saints Parish (Corning, NY)
All Saints Parish, the Roman Catholic community in Corning, NY, is seeking to hire a full time Director of Music and Liturgy. This person will be responsible for directing a comprehensive music program and coordinating various aspects of the parish’s liturgies to help create a dynamic spiritual experience for those in attendance.
The position’s primary duties are to:
1. Direct the parish’s Music Ministry program. This involves playing at five masses per weekend and running two contemporary music ensembles for two of the masses on Sunday mornings year-round, as well as other special liturgical celebrations. In addition, it involves directing a Resurrection Choir for funerals, playing for weddings and creating and fostering a Children’s Choir.
2. Maintain a high level of excellence within the Music Ministry. This is accomplished by recruiting, training, supporting and scheduling all parish music ministers, which include cantors, choral singers, instrumentalists, and audio/video ministers. The Director of Music and Liturgy plans all rehearsals and organizes all music for the liturgies, in accordance with the musical needs for each mass and the desire to foster congregational singing. In special circumstances, when the Director is unavailable, the Director arranges for a qualified substitute which does not disrupt the standard of excellence nor the musical character already put into place within that particular Music Ministry.
3. Collaborate with the Pastoral Administrator and other staff in implementing the mission of the parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementing, and evaluation of the parish’s programs, goals, and objectives, with specific focus on music and liturgy. The Director of Music and Liturgy serves as a professional resource to the staff and Liturgy Committee in the area of music.
4. Provide assistance for parishioners needing music for weddings and funerals. This involves liturgical planning with families, and rehearsing as needed with guest musicians.
5. Manage and maintain all equipment related to the Music Ministry. This involves overseeing organs, keyboards, sound systems, microphones, amplifiers, sound boards and any other equipment used by the musicians to provide excellent music at all of the liturgies.
6. Oversee the implementation of various liturgical ministries. This includes, but is not limited to: setup of the sanctuary, scheduling of greeters, sacristans and Eucharistic ministers, maintenance of liturgical items, overall arts and environment, etc.
1. Must be an accomplished pianist, organist, and vocalist.
2. Must be able to direct a choir and instrumental ensemble with proficiency.
3. Must have a thorough understanding of the Roman Catholic liturgy.
4. Must have some knowledge of the Catholic musical repertoire written since the Second Vatican Council, as well as contemporary Christian praise and worship music.
5. Must have a love for people and willingness to work effectively with all ages and manage volunteers at various musical skill levels.
6. Must be an effective communicator and pastorally mindful supervisor.
7. Must be an active member of the Roman Catholic Church or be willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church and living a life in accordance with Biblical teaching.
8. Must be willing to be flexible and open to trying new ways of engaging the parish community through music.
9. Musical or Theological training (at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree), but candidates with exceptional skill will be considered.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Deacon Dean Condon
All Saints Parish
222 Dodge Ave., Corning NY
Phone: 607-936-4689 ext. 212
[email protected] (107)