This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF LITURGY AND MUSIC
Music Ministry, FT Employee
Christ the King Catholic Church (South Bend, IN)
DIRECTOR OF LITURGY AND MUSIC
CHRIST THE KING CATHOLIC CHURCH
SOUTH BEND, INDIANA
The Director of Liturgy and Music is a full-time salaried member of the Pastoral Team at Christ the King. The Director reports to the pastor for the fulfillment of the duties outlined in this job description. The Director of Liturgy and Music keeps regular office hours yet works a flexible schedule according to the demands of preparing for and celebrating liturgical functions. The work averages forty hours per week, subject to seasonal variations.
The Director of Liturgy and Music is expected to represent the parish and the Pastoral Team in a professional manner. They must be organized, faithful, and in good standing with the Catholic Church. He or she should maintain a professional appearance, honor all appointments, respond to all voice mails and e-mails within 24 hours and arrive at all liturgies at least 20 minutes in advance.
• candidates must be interested in working as part of a supportive team dynamic. All team members are encouraged to work, pray, and reflect together in order to maintain an atmosphere of charity and service. This includes working closely with each other to ensure that all ministries function as part of the unified vision of the parish, to make God known, loved and served.
• collaborates with other team members to assess and meet the pastoral needs of the community, and evaluates the effectiveness of the celebration of seasonal and particular liturgical celebrations
• serves as head of the Art & Environment Committee, coordinating regular meetings
• collaborates with the pastor in liturgical planning for major feasts and seasons, and assesses the quality and vitality of the liturgical prayer of the parish.
• attends other parish functions that may not require music but which benefit from a ministry of presence
• performs other tasks per the pastor’s requirements
• in conjunction with the pastor, provides training for new liturgical ministers
• works closely with the Director of Adult Faith Formation to organizes in-service workshops and afternoons of recollection for all liturgical ministers
• schedules Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Lectors and Altar Servers; creates and distributes schedules
• plans liturgies in conjunction with the Pastoral Team
• serves on the school’s Spirituality Committee
• oversees production of worship aids for liturgies
• coordinates decorating efforts for the sanctuary, particularly during the Christmas and Easter seasons, and enlists ample volunteers so that all setup, takedown, and upkeep (watering plants, etc.) are performed in a timely manner
• assists with setup and cleanup for weddings, funerals, and other liturgies
• plans and provides music for Sunday Masses, All-School Masses, Holy Days, and other liturgies (including, but not limited to, reconciliation services, Eucharistic adoration, stations of the cross, evenings of prayer, parish retreats, Graduation, Confirmation, all-school rosary, May crowning)
• periodically assesses the participation of the congregation in the liturgy, works to attract more people to participate in music ministry, and expand (and possibly diversify) the types of music being offered
• assists the priests and deacons in planning funeral and wedding liturgies, including consultation with families or couples
• approves all music used at funeral and wedding liturgies
• recruits and trains members for parish, school, and seasonal choirs, including adult choir, children’s choir
• recruits, screens, trains, schedules and supervises qualified cantors/song leaders at all Sunday and Holy Day Masses and other liturgical celebrations; forms cantors in a way that enhances both musical quality and congregational participation.
• proposes the hiring of musicians (i.e. instrumentalists) to the pastor for approved positions.
• serves as a resource for other parish programs
• maintains/repairs/purchases musical instruments/supplies as necessary
• orders supplies in consultation with the pastor (e.g. Advent/Easter candles, palms, hymnals, etc.)
• prepares an annual budget for music and liturgy for the Finance Council and administers the approved budget
• ensures compliance with copyright laws
• ensures that all volunteers working with children have appropriate Safe Environment training
• evaluates and suggests improvements for audio system (speakers, microphones, monitoring equipment, etc.)
• keeps choir loft clean and presentable
• Master’s degree in Sacred Music is preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent experience is necessary.
• Proficiency on organ and piano
• Experience in leading and training choirs
• Familiarity with the liturgy of the Catholic Church and with Church directives on Music and Liturgy
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to attend to both a vision for improving and expanding the parish music ministry and to the daily details required by the position. (256)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic childrens liturgy for sunday
- Catholic Church Funeral Songs
- christ the king catholic church fort worth texas
- christ the king catholic church milwaukie or
- Christ the King Catholic Church South Bend
- Christ the King Catholic Church south bend in
- Christ the King religious director south bend in
- Christmas masses at christ the king catholic church in south bend in
- organ jobs music director christ the king catholic churhch south bned ind