This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF LIFELONG FAITH FORMATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish (Williamsville, NY)
Director of Lifelong Faith Formation
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Williamsville, NY
Under the direction of the Parish Pastor, the Director of Lifelong Faith Formation supervises and coordinates all Faith Formation activities and programs (youth and adult). Integral to this position is the assessment of needs, communication and collaboration with all parish faith formation ministries. The Director coordinates, recruits, and facilitates training and evaluation for volunteers in faith formation programs; researches and selects appropriate materials and media for programs and processes; communicates with parishioners, parish staff, the diocese; and keeps abreast of the current national trends and issues within faith formation and catechesis in general. This is a full time, professional position that requires a flexible work schedule including some weekends and evenings according to the activities of the parish and season of the year. The position reports directly to the pastor of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish. Benefit options include medical insurance coverage, pension plan, paid time off and a negotiable salary based on skills and experience.
For this full-time salaried position, applicants are to:
• Be a practicing Catholic with in-depth knowledge and training in the Roman Catholic tradition.
• Hold a degree in Religious Studies, Theology, or Pastoral Ministry or related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Possess Diocesan Parish Catechetical Leader Certification
• Have five years of formation experience and catechetics in a parish or diocesan position. Related degrees and comparable experience will be considered.
• Be able to work cooperatively with individuals and groups
• Comply with all VIRTUS training requirements as set by the Diocese
Brief Description of Church and Lifelong Faith Formation
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish is a suburban faith-community that currently counts 2,400 families as members, and has a full-time Pastor, to whom the Director would report. The Lifelong Faith Formation department has two paid, full time support positions and many dedicated volunteers. It is the goal of the Lifelong Faith Formation program to provide a positive Catholic Christian atmosphere in which the members of our parish can develop spiritually. The Lifelong Faith Formation Director is responsible for the religion curriculum taught in the parish school. The program also currently has more than 750 children enrolled in faith formation classes in grades 1 through 10 and a team of 50 volunteer catechists who wish to share their faith with all children entrusted in their care. There are specialized courses for middle school students (The Edge) and Life Teen program modules are available for the high school classes. There is an active and growing Youth Ministry program for middle school students through college age young adults. There is also an active Lifelong Faith Formation/Adult Education program that offers sessions which explore Catholic Teaching, sacramental life, and various issues which affect our lives as Christians.
Director of Lifelong Faith Formation Job Description
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop goals, objectives and implements strategies for a comprehensive and unified curriculum and catechetical plan for the students of Nativity of Mary School as well as the Faith Formation program that serves public school students in Grade 1 through 10, including preparation for sacraments.
• Direct and oversee various faith formation programs that support a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith for all parishioners consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), National Directory for Catechesis (NDC), diocesan guidelines and parish needs.
• Responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers/catechists to conduct the parish’s catechetical programs.
• Assure volunteers/catechists receive VIRTUS mandatory training and establish and implement appropriate training programs for catechists.
• Supervise the work of the office staff who handles the day to day operations including keeping sacramental records and program registrations and evaluations, tracking expenditures, maintaining inventories and submitting required reports.
• Possess the ability to make thoughtful and sometimes difficult decisions after engaging others in decision-making and conflict resolution
• Research available materials and provides necessary primary and supplemental materials for all programs and processes.
• Promote programs and provide material for the parish bulletin, periodic newsletters and other media.
• Keep current in developments/changes with Diocesan policies as they relate to formation and sacramental practices.
• Collaborate with the Pastor, the Business Manager and Parish Finance Committee to prepare the departmental budget and monitor the budget once it has been approved
• Work with the Facilities Manager to maintain the physical environment of the building to ensure that it is clean, safe and conducive to learning
• Build collegial relationships with the School Principal and other members of the parish staff, with Diocesan staff, and with the Directors of Faith Formation at other parishes in the Diocese of Buffalo
• Be comfortable with technology as a tool for instruction, management and communications within and beyond the Lifelong Faith Formation program.
Interested applicants may submit their resume and letter of intent via mail to Director of LFF Search, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, 4375 Harris Hill Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221 or email to [email protected] Applicants may be asked to provide additional information, including references and transcripts, and may be invited to interview with the selection committee and Pastor.
Responses are due by Friday June 27, 2014.
For further information about our school and parish, please visit the parish website at http://www.nativityharrishill.org (69)