This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: HR Assistant, HR Volunteers
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all Human Resources functions of the agency.
• Oversee all Human Resources policies and procedures, including the Personnel Manual.
• Oversee recruitment, agency staffing, performance reviews and disciplinary process.
• Manage new employee orientations and HR related trainings.
• Coordinate terminations, lay-offs, and internal investigations as needed.
• Ensure agency compliance with all state and federal employment laws.
• Coordinate with payroll personnel to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures and all applicable wage/hour laws and regulations.
• Maintain all personnel and insurance database and files.
• Process and oversee worker’s compensation claims.
• Respond to legal matters, as appropriate.
• Support the overall mission of Catholic Charities.
• Other duties, as assigned by Executive Director.
• Oversee employee safety programs and respond to safety concerns.
• Act as staff to Board Personnel committee, as needed.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
• Master’s degree in area related to human resource management required.
• J. D. degree preferred.
• PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
• Minimum of five years of experience working as a human resources manager or director, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
• Specialized training in employment law, compensation, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
• Proven written and oral skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage special projects and assignments.
• Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality with regard to personnel information.
• Ability to maintain composure under stress and work effectively as a team member.
• Exhibits professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
• Knowledge and support of the Catholic Social Teachings.
• Computer literate; Microsoft Word and Excel, email and internet usage.
• Florida driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Ability to work closely with others and alone.
• Willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to fulfill job requirements.
• Willingness to respond to emergency situations without notice.
• Willingness to prioritize and respond to the needs of potential clients.
• Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
• Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
• Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing).
• Frequent extended periods of sitting.
• Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing.
• Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation).
For more information about Catholic Charities, please visit our website at www.catholiccharitiesdpb.org
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Salary requirements and references must be included for consideration (236)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities of the diocese of palm beach