DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Ellicott City, MD)
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish is seeking a passionate, full-time Director of High School Youth and Young Adult Ministry with a heart for evangelization and the spirit of a missionary to provide and facilitate a comprehensive youth ministry program for youth in grades 9-12, and opportunities for fellowship, service, and spiritual growth for young adults.
• Plan, develop, and facilitate faith formation sessions for high school youth.
• Maintain and continue to develop Peer Ministry program to allow high school teens to share their faith as they continue to grow themselves. Train and mentor peer ministers to help them develop into true missionary disciples.
• Collaborate with Pastor, DRE, Director of Middle School Youth Ministry, and other members of the parish staff to integrate all aspects of youth ministry with the overall mission of the parish.
• Collaborate with area youth ministers to provide prayer and social opportunities for youth and young adults at the regional level.
• Recruit, train and supervise a team of adult volunteers to assist in High School Youth Ministry, in conformity with STAND requirements.
• Provide retreat opportunities for high-school aged youth, including annual OLPH High School Retreat, participation in annual Steubenville Conference, participation in annual Mt. 2000 Conference
• Plan and provide opportunities for Christ-centered prayer, service, socializing and team-building for high school teens and for young adults
• Prepare and manage program budget; organize and manage fund-raising programs.
• Assist Director of Middle School Youth Ministry with Confirmation Preparation
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Must be a practicing Catholic fully able to participate in the Sacramental life of the Church; must demonstrate the ability to share the Catholic faith in age-appropriate fashion with designated age groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry, Religious Education, Theology, or related field; minimum 2 years’ experience working or volunteering in church, mission/ service, or youth environment.
• Ability to work with initiative, good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, youth, families, young adults, representatives from all levels of church and civic organizations, the broader community.
• Ability to abide by required curricula and record-keeping requirements.
• Ability to develop new programs and fundraising events.
• Ability to reflect Christian attitudes and practice in dealing with all constituents. (0)