This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Maggie’s Place (Phoenix, AZ)
Maggie’s Place is looking for a full-time Director of Finance. This person will lead the organization’s financial and accounting practices in order to implement the Maggie’s Place vision and mission, and will supervise two other Finance positions. Candidates should have accounting, finance and leadership experience, and would preferably have an accounting degree.
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing the annual budget and ensure financial accountability to the budget for entire organization.
• Serve as Direct Supervisor to the Director of Business Operations and the Finance Associate.
• Coordinate Finance Committee meetings (standing committee of the Board) and implement recommendations. Prepare financial related report for the Board of Directors.
• Serve as point person for insurance and legal-related concerns for the organization.
• Assist with contract development and negotiations. Ensure that contracts are up-to-date.
• Coordinate development of budget for homes & organizational budgets for expenses.
• Facilitate completion of the annual audit and ensure audit recommendations are incorporated into policy/practice. File 1099s and ensure completion of 990s.
• Implement and monitor investments. Build lending relationships.
• Recommend & implement structural improvements to accounting systems (including software modifications and structures for out-of-state fiscal management.) Maintain accounting systems (including portions of NetSuite and fixed asset software, etc.).
• Approve all special/unbudgeted expenses from Staff.
• Sign prepared checks.
• Generate monthly budget variance reports and financial reports. Analyze financial health and well-being for the organization to inform planning process. Assess expansion feasibility via forecasting and analysis.
• Develop and monitor adherence to financial control policies. Draft and implement policy as needed.
• Generate monthly payroll. Generate retirement benefits and process associated paperwork.
• Maintain relationship with all related outsourced functions.
• Support Maggie’s Thrift in financial reporting.
• Reconcile bank statements and balance sheet accounts; prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed or assigned by Executive Director.
• Professional skills / experience related to general ledger accounting.
• Strong leader, Organized, Action-oriented, Heart for service and Maggie’s Place mission.
• Skills in: Financial Oversight, Delegation, Managing Processes, Supervision via Coaching, Developing Systems, and Promoting Process Improvement.
• Ease in Microsoft Office, ability to learn financial/data management software (NetSuite).
• Compatibility with Maggie’s Place philosophy as outlined in Core Values, Community Covenant, and Development Principles. (164)