This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Diocese of Palm Beach – Pope John Paul II High School (Boca Raton, FL)
The Diocese of Palm Beach’s Pope John Paul II High School, located in Boca Raton, Florida, has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance will drive the organization’s strategic, financial, and operational plans. The ideal candidate has strong business and financial analysis skills to ensure the success of the organization’s strategies.
The Director of Finance is responsible for all the activities in the Finance Office, effective and efficient financial operations, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The Director of Finance will also be responsible for training and supervision of the Bookkeeper.
The Director of Finance reports directly to the school President.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of monthly reconciliations for all bank and investment accounts.
• Responsible for Accounts Payable, Payroll and Property and Liability Insurance Program.
• Responsible for timely preparation of all necessary month-end and year-end supporting documentation for the accounting process.
• Responsible for preparing the budget vs. actual for the following fiscal year.
• Manage annual budget process to ensure that financial data is submitted accurately and on time.
• Attend all Finance Committee and Director Meetings.
• Responsible for tracking all contracts, including technology and maintenance contracts.
• Prepare the financial records for the Biennial Diocesan Audit Engagement.
• A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited university in business, finance or related field of study.
• MBA or CPA preferred
• 5+ years of financial leadership experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience with secondary school financial administration preferred.
• Peachtree experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Navigating the Internet.
• Attention to detail and able to work independently.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis on meeting tight deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and people skills.
• Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] Salary requirements and references must be included for consideration. (3283)
Incoming search terms:
- pope john paul ii high school boca raton fl
- pope john paul boca
- boca raton
- pope john paul ii high school boca
- pope john paul high school boca raton florida
- pope john paul ii high school boca raton
- pope john paul ii high school
- Pope John Paul High School Boca Raton
- archdioscese of pope john Paul II Palm Beach
- palm beach state bachelors program