This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Saint Leo the Great Catholic Church (Winston-Salem, NC)
Director of Parish Finance/Operations
Reports directly to the Pastor of Saint Leo the Great Catholic Church
Summary of Position
The Director is a professional administrator in support of the Pastor. He/she is a steward of the personnel, physical and financial resources of the parish entities and enables the staff to function effectively. He/she is responsible for the day to day accounting and management of parish functions (personnel, facilities and information systems).
The Director is a person of faith – committed to living the Gospel and to helping the parish fulfill its mission and purpose.
1. Collaborates with the Pastor and, under his supervision, with other members of the parish staff. This requires participation with the Finance Council.
2. Responsible for accounting, financial planning and management of the parish and school budgets; develops a financial plan for the parish in collaboration with the pastor and the Finance Council; prepares, administers, reviews and analyzes the budgets; directs purchasing procedures and oversees tabulation and deposit of offertory collections and other parochial income.
Review departmental budgets with appropriate personnel to ensure all figures are accurate and to continually monitor to ensure all departments are within guidelines for expenditures.
Perform analysis to identify areas of growth, trends, inconsistencies, etc.
Analyze revenue and expenditures to ensure budget is “on target”.
Ensure the accurate count and bank deposit of all contributions made during weekend Masses and the accurate entry of individual contributions into parishioners’ accounts.
Supervise Account Payable procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the payroll; proper withholdings are deducted from employee paychecks and distribution of W-2 forms.
Prepare necessary federal and state tax forms.
Maintain chart of accounts for Saint Leo Parish and School
Perform period closings to include reconciliation of all bank accounts, processing of all journal entries and postings of all income and expense items.
3. Prioritizes and oversees plant maintenance; collaborates with the Pastor on major projects; oversees security system and coordinates communications for all maintenance.
4. Responsible for communication and information systems, including maintenance of the parish census and the Parish Data System (PDS); oversees IT functions in parish and school and coordinates service and system updates with the school IT representative and outside vendor.
5. Collaborates with the Pastor and his requests especially in personnel management, including; developing and implementing personnel policies; develops hiring and termination procedures, job descriptions, regular employee evaluations, etc. in accordance with diocesan guidelines.
6. Responsible for Human Resource matters: coordinate with the employees and diocese regarding insurance and other benefits; ensure compliance with Protecting God’s Children mandates; direct the day to day management of the parish and the office staff operations and personnel; maintain personnel files and ensure employees are briefed on Church policies and procedures to include health plan, vacation/sick time and payroll procedures, etc.
Director of Finance/Operations
(Reports directly to Pastor)
1. 10+ years of progressively responsible Accounting and Finance experience
Came up through the ranks of accounting (hands-on experience managing GL, AR, AP, etc.)
Proven expertise developing and managing budgets
2. People management experience
provided leadership, direction and management oversight for staff
Additional Experience (preferred but not required)
1. Track-record working for non-profit organizations or religious institutions with a shared mission.
2. Experience working with oversight committees and/or advisory councils
3. Have performed a similar role for an educational institution or church
4. Any experience working directly with or the supervising of Maintenance & Operations staff
Required Core Competencies
Ability to motivate and lead those who both work for you and with as well as those who are employees and volunteer staff
Ability to develop a close working relationship with church leadership (pastor) to understand and assist in the implementation of the Saint Leo the Great Parish Mission Statement.
Emotional Intelligence; ability to engage equally effectively with all levels of the church and the school (priests, teachers, lay community, finance council, etc ) as well as the School (teachers, administrators, parent-volunteers and maintenance/ operations staff)
Possess the appropriate temperament for working in a faith based organization
Ability to see the bigger picture and aid the church in achieving its mission (252)
Incoming search terms:
- finance and operations officer st leo catholic church winston salem
- st leo the great mission
- st leos winston-salem
- st leos catholic church