This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Director of Family Ministries FT Summary: The Director of Family Life Ministries is responsible for supervising ministry area team members, diaconate assignments and provides the leadership necessary in creating a vision to help support and train parishes in marriage ministries, natural family planning, and separated and divorce ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists and advises the Director in the overall mission of the Office of Lifelong Faith Formation and Parish Support.
• Leads, supports and directs team members in their respective roles within the ministry area’s mission.
• Assumes responsibility for specific administrative duties; this includes staff supervision, planning, budgeting, quality assurance and reports.
• Develops and sustains collaborative relationships with Pastors and Pastoral Team members.
• Envisions, strategizes, directs and implements programs, services and projects, in collaboration with team member(s), and/or other offices and/or agencies.
• Directs and supervises team members responsible for the coordination of marriage ministries, natural family planning and separated and divorce ministry.
• Develop tools to assess the effectiveness of all programs, including “continuous improvement” forms to be used at the sessions, as well as some short, medium and long term follow up with participants. Monitor those tools, and make regular reports to the Director and Secretary about the results.
• Create and distribute program/training schedules consistent with the norms of the entire office.
• Develop and maintain family life ministries information on www.bostoncatholic.org and on the Secretariat website in collaboration with the Creative Production Specialist.
• Act as archdiocesan liaison for marriage ministries/family life special interest groups where appropriate.
• A Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and of the Archdiocese of Boston, including maintaining a lifestyle consistent with Catholic moral teaching, and who accepts the teaching of the Church on human sexuality, conjugal love, responsible parenthood, marriage and family life.
• A willingness to be a leader in the Evangelization effort of the Church, including being a witness to one’s own relationship with Christ
• Masters degree in Theology or related field
• Familiarity with Church documents on marriage, the family, and human sexuality, including St. John Paul II’s “theology of the body.”
• Minimum of 5 years experience in marriage/family life ministry or related areas
• Ability to teach, train and mentor leaders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Available for nights, weekends, and overnights, including travel outside of the Boston area required.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office and other modern technologies
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone
• Strong service orientation
Please submit cover letter & resume to [email protected] (77)