This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY LIFE
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Diocese of Palm Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for this ministry in the diocese based on the goals of the U.S. Bishops documents that focus on marriage, human sexuality and family life. Have a thorough working knowledge of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the General Directory for Catechesis, the National Directory for Catechesis, and current documents and publications in the Church’s theology of marriage and family life, particularly as expressed in the writings and vision of both Pope Benedict XVI and Pope John Paul II, other papal and Episcopal documents and Canon Law.
• In partnership with clergy and ministry leaders in parishes (particularly those whose ministries touch the lives of marriages and families), create, develop, maintain and grow programs that clearly present the Church’s teaching. These programs must be engaging and vibrant. They should address the spiritual needs of marriages and families, and promote reception of the sacraments, the practice of natural family planning and knowledge of the faith.
• Work collaboratively with other diocesan offices and agencies (including but not limited to vocations, youth ministry, catechetical evangelization, worship, RCIA, respect life, young adults, etc.) in mutual areas of interest through jointly sponsored projects and events.
• Provide consultative and evaluative services to parishes and deaneries on issues related to the ministry by attending meetings regularly and maintaining strong communication. Be available to all parish communities in the diocese as a speaker and trainer.Provide opportunities for leadership development within parishes through workshops, training programs, and personal mentoring.
• Utilize social networking and other communication tools to catechize and promote events.
• Prepare and submit diocesan office budget. Research potential grant opportunities related to the marriage and family life ministry. Prepare and submit applications for these grants.
• Expand and oversee Theology of the Body programs throughout the diocese.
• Manage office staff as well as volunteers. Coordinate staff meetings and supervision of staff and volunteers.
• Continually evaluate, brainstorm, and strive to improve the outreach and ministry in parishes.
• Provide ongoing reports on progress and success of ministry programs and events. Responsible for effective use of time and budgeted resources.
• Attend relevant national, regional and local professional gatherings as a means to keep current with trends and resources.
• Regularly engage in spiritual and professional activities including theological study, prayer, works of charity, and spiritual formation.
• Masters degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or comparable field with emphasis in marriage and family studies is preferred
• Bilingual/Bicultural (Spanish/English) highly desired
• Three to five years of pastoral experience, parish ministry experience, and a background in marriage and family life or other related pastoral ministry preferred
• Dedication to the promotion of a comprehensive vision of Catholic marriage, human sexuality, and family life. This includes but is not limited to marriage preparation, marriage enrichment, natural family planning, parenting, chastity programs, family enrichment, evangelization, catechesis, and ministry with divorced, separated and bereaved.
• Ability to exercise good business and personal judgment, exercise discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality in carrying out duties and responsibilities
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Good attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Valid Florida Drivers License
• Ability to multi-task, work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of multitasking
• Ability to work independently
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application. For consideration, please include salary range and list of references. Please forward completed application materials to the Gretchen Card, Human Resources Coordinator:
•Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach, 9995 North Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410.
•Via Fax: (561) 775-9575,
•Via Email: [email protected] (407)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of palm beach florida
- diocese of palm beach john kasparek
- gretchen card palm beach diocese
- palm beach diocese respect life ministry
- west palm beach family life director