This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF FAITH FORMATION AND RCIA
Religious Education, FT Employee
St. Thomas More Newman Center (Columbus, OH)
Position Title: Director of Faith Formation and RCIA
Status: Full time 12 months, exempt
Reports to: Director
The Director for Faith Formation and RCIA is a visionary teacher who champions the values and mission of the Newman Center, optimizing opportunities for faith and spiritual growth in the context of campus ministry. The Director champions a comprehensive Catholic faith formation ministry for the Newman Center community, recognizing different catechetical needs, leadership opportunities and formation in Scripture, Church teaching, and the spiritual life. The Director for Faith Formation and RCIA understands students to be pivotal to the program, while challenging all to grow in this area of their spiritual lives.
The Director for Faith Formation and RCIA assumes responsibility for the overall direction, leadership and implementation of a comprehensive faith development and catechesis program for the Newman Center community, integrating the mission of the Newman Center and that of the Paulist Fathers. The Director is responsible for all aspects of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults process and oversees the Coordinator for the Religious Education of Children and Youth.
Specific Job Responsibilities
1. Champion the Faith Formation Ministry
• Envision and develop a comprehensive faith formation strategy for the campus ministry community.
• Collaborate with campus ministry staff and student leadership to develop and implement key formation and educational opportunities.
• Implement all aspects of the program through leadership, hands-on coordination and providing support, training and oversight to program volunteers, as appropriate.
• Oversee and support the Coordinator for the Religious Education of Children and Youth and the program’s activities.
• Serve as a resource for all activities intended to facilitate faith development, awareness and discipleship.
2. Serve as Program Leader for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
• Serve as program leader for implementation of the RCIA process within the scope of the Faith Formation program. The Newman Center places special emphasis on empowering all RCIA participants (inquirers, sponsors, and team members) to continually deepen their spiritual relationship with God and with the community.
• Provide support, training and oversight to program volunteers.
3. Ministerial Responsibilities
• Minister to the Newman Center community through presence, openness, and responsible leadership.
• Responsible for one duty day per week to respond to requests from persons seeking information of a pastoral nature, counseling, or referrals.
• Offer pastoral support for discernment regarding vocational issues.
• Provide pastoral care and counseling as needed, if appropriate.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director.
4. Administrative Responsibilities
• Attend daily, weekly, quarterly, ad hoc, and annual staff planning meetings.
• Prepare and monitor annual budget for programmatic activities.
• Observe and comply with the Newman Center’s policies and procedures.
• Provide goals and opportunities for evaluation of all activities and initiatives within the program.
1. Visionary and Strategic Thinker
• Creative and forward thinking, with an ability to successfully implement new ideas.
• Ability to think strategically and to organize and prioritize tasks which support the organizational mission, vision and objectives.
2. Leadership and Relational Skills
• Ability to foster a positive work environment, and demonstrate enthusiasm and advocate for initiatives, programs, and activities.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other staff members, students, volunteers, and external contacts.
• Ability to lead with the conscience intention of serving as well as empowering others.
• Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills, written and verbal.
3. Personal Competencies
• Personal passion and commitment to the campus ministry mission at St. Thomas More Newman Center and an affinity with the overall mission of Catholic campus ministry.
• Practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing.
• Highly self-motivated and willing to take the lead on difficult projects.
• Personal integrity and maturity.
• Possess a pastoral instinct and presence.
Education, Training and Experience
• Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in pastoral ministry.
• Knowledge of young adult faith development and proven ability to work with college students, staff and others from diverse faith and cultural backgrounds.
• Knowledge of and comfort with Catholic doctrine and practice.
• Knowledge of and comfort with the Paulist Fathers’ mission of, evangelization, reconciliation, ecumenism, and interfaith dialogue.
• M.Div. or M.A. in theology or related field.
• The schedule is varied and flexible, as responsibilities of the position require. (389)
Incoming search terms:
- coordinator of catholic reilgious education duties and activities
- Adult Faith Formation positions
- catholic faith initiative
- Christian or catholic counselors in columbus ohio
- director of rcia process
- faith development spiritual formation resourses
- faith mission columbus ohio
- music director accompanist catholic jobs full time columbus ohio