This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
Fundraising, FT Employee
Heroic Media (Austin, TX)
Rare opportunity to use your event planning skills and experience to save lives join an extraordinary team of heroes for LIFE as our Director of Events!
Heroic Media is an international faith-based non-profit that utilizes media to connect women with hopeful alternatives to abortion and build a culture of Life. As we celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year, we are excited to see how strategic initiatives continue to expand across the nation and Latin America through faithful donors and partners who have caught the vision and made it possible.
Our guiding values: Place God first in all we do. Be a blessing to other people. Trust God to meet our needs. Strive for Excellence.
Statement of Purpose:
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated professional that will plan and facilitate events that spread awareness and raise funds for the Heroic Media mission.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and interacting with the VP of Advancement and VP of Operations, this professional will be responsible for the planning and execution of fund-raising and donor recognition and cultivation events. The position will be based in Austin, TX.
The Director of Events will plan and implement special events nationwide, primarily within the Texas media markets by:
- Effectively collaborating with the national executive team, host committee members, volunteers and local Heroic Media directors and community relations representatives.
- Developing and implementing management practices that will enable Heroic Media events to achieve greatest effectiveness in outreach and revenues.
- Supporting local and national sponsorships by participating in networking opportunities as appropriate.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications to ensure that all marketing and promotional elements are aligned with special events and fund development needs.
- Provide assistance in management and execution of Leadership Events that support the annual benefit efforts, as requested.
- Being responsible for details related to each project from design to completion including managing the budget for each assigned event.
- Serving in an advisory capacity to local development teams in the assigned markets.
- Helping to identify key contacts in communities, track and pass those names to the Regional Advancement Team for further research and discussion.
- Being responsible for assembling materials for Heroic Media as needed, including but not limited to:
o Marketing materials and signage
o Power point presentations 7/31/14
o Fundraising campaign materials
o Other materials that the development team requires.
- Facilitating event communications from the Heroic Media corporate office to local staff, vendors, speakers and volunteers including:
o Manage invitation and RSVP lists
o Prepare and mail invitations
o Write and send thank you letters
o Prepare and send necessary emailable updates, managing for
regular and timely distribution
- Managing special communication opportunities to donors and/or prospects. This will involve finding or developing special opportunities to contact these individuals.
- Responding directly and provide information to The Executive Leadership Team and local staff for fund-raising events as needed.
- Providing support and information for donor inquiries by email or telephone.
- Providing organizational support for special events and receptions as needed in calls and presentations to prospective donors with members of the Advancement team.
Along with competitive base salary and company assisted health benefits, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Committed to a work/life balance, Heroic Media also provides generous paid time off including your birthday. For strictly confidential consideration, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] (142)