This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF EVANGELIZATION
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
St. James Catholic Church (Falls Church, VA)
“Be doers of the word, and not merely hearers .those who look into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and persevere, being not hearers who forget but doers who act-they will be blessed in their doing.”
James 1:22, 25
DIRECTOR OF EVANGELIZATION (Full Time, Paid Staff Position)
Purpose of this Ministry
In concert with the Pastor, staff, and other Parish leaders, shape, formulate and direct activities that fulfill the Parish’s vision for lifelong growth in faith and rootedness in Jesus Christ as well as empowering all parishioners to share the Gospel with others through their works.
• Must be a person of faith committed to Gospel values. Must understand and support the mission and purpose of the Church and Parish.
• Must be a creative and motivated self-starter. Must have the ability to create and develop an evangelization plan. Must have a passion for implementing the New Evangelization.
• Must be a motivational public speaker and be skilled in group dynamics. Must have the ability to inspire a diverse parish population including different cultural groups and people of all ages.
• Must be organized and able to coordinate the efforts of a large corps of volunteers. Must be able to collaborate with and synthesize the program and ministry ideas of others.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weeknights and weekends.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with post-graduate work in theology or pastoral studies; Master’s degree in theology, divinity or a related field is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties of this Position
• Create and maintain a clear and comprehensive evangelization plan for the Parish.
• Serve as the lead staff member for parishioner engagement and involvement
• Implement ways to reach out to those active, inactive and unchurched in our community through door-to-door campaigns and/or programs such as Alpha and Landings.
• Implement and oversee small-group faith formation and fellowship programs such as “That Man Is You” and “Walking with Purpose” that support a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith.
• Create, design and support a Welcome Ministry plan to orient and engage new parishioners
• Establish a ministry to young adults.
• Manage parish outings and events to ensure they retain their focus on building up participants in Christ.
• Work with other Parish staff to express the vision and goals of the evangelization plan in a compelling and effective way using all available communications media.
• Coordinate and build up existing Parish ministries by identifying and developing key leaders in those ministries and managing communications to all those involved in Parish ministries.
• Offer regular support, encouragement and presence to staff and volunteer ministers and promote on-going evangelization opportunities for them.
• Create and implement systems to evaluate the effectiveness of all Parish ministries and evangelization efforts.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a letter of interest and resume via email to Rich Blickendorfer, Business Manager, at [email protected] No phone calls please. For best consideration, please apply by Monday, July 14, 2014. (124)
Incoming search terms:
- director of evangelization st james
- director of evangelization www catholicjobs com/state/va