This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF EVANGELIZATION AND PARISH LIFE
Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Miami (Miami Shores, FL)
As an outcome of our Second General Synod, the Archdiocese of Miami has identified as a major priority the creation of an Archdiocesan Office for Evangelization and Parish Life. We are conducting a search for a highly qualified individual to serve as Director of Evangelization and Parish Life and take the lead on this initiative. The Director will work to synthesize the elements of the Pastoral Plan, Disciples of Faith, Missionaries of Hope, in building a solid office to provide support and serve as a resource primarily to the parishes in embracing the missionary call of Christ to “Go and make disciples of all nations” through creating a welcoming and vibrant experience of parish life. The director will also design, develop and implement plans and projects to enhance the implementation of the New Evangelization among the faithful with an objective to helping them advance in authentic discipleship and fulfill their baptismal call and mission to grow to the full maturity of Christ.
Primary responsibilities: Lead the implementation of the “Why Catholic?” program in participating parishes; develop and support other models of adult faith formation at the parish and archdiocesan level, providing resources to pastors and support to parish staff; develop models for establishing a Parish Pastoral Council and assist the Development and Worship Offices in their efforts to develop Stewardship Councils and Liturgical Committees in each parish; develop and provide additional resources to pastors and parish leadership to support evangelization efforts.
This position will supervise a full time Coordinator.
The best candidate is an active, energetic Catholic leader who is unabashedly enthusiastic about her/his faith and forming disciples, has a solid formation in Catholic theology, and demonstrated ability to establish a structure to support the strategic plan and build the relationships to maintain it.
The Director of Evangelization and Parish Life performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami.
• Master’s Degree in Religious Studies, Theology, Pastoral Ministry or related field is required; doctorate preferred.
• Faithfully represents the teaching of the Catholic Church with integrity
• Ten years’ experience working in ministerial positions at the parish level, preferably in adult faith formation.
• Three years’ experience working in a ministerial leadership position at the diocesan level with a successful track record of building and implementing programs with multiple delivery systems.
• Skilled in formative and post-training evaluation methodologies.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing fully committed to and with advanced knowledge of the mission and tenets of the Catholic Church.
• Must have active participation in parish life.
• Must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish -language communication skills, including clear speaking voice. Haitian Creole a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Skilled in presentations and group facilitation
• Excellent computer literacy
• Knowledge of fundamentals of project management a plus.
• Good time management skills including ability to manage several projects at the same time is required.
• Must have professional demeanor.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Subject line should read: EPL Director (279)
Incoming search terms:
- archdiocese of miami
- coordinator of the office of evangelization and parish life
- Hogan Archdiocese of Miami Miami Florida
- archdiocese of miami new director of evangelization
- Archdiocese of Miami Parishes
- florida catholic new director of evangelization
- new evangelization director archdiocese of miami