This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
Technology, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
Director of Educational Technology
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a talented professional to fill the position of Director of Educational Technology.
The Director of Educational Technology is responsible for driving the Educational Philosophies of the Office of Catholic Education as they pertain to the advancement and growth of technologies within the schools. While reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Educational Technology will work as a member of a greater “Tech Team,” comprised of Senior IT Administrators and the Director of Information Technology, under the supervision of the Deputy Secretary for Catholic Education.
The Director of Educational Technology should have a broad understanding of pedagogy, encompassing K-12 methodologies. They must understand how and ever-changing technological landscape relates to education within our schools. The Director of Educational Technology will assist in the ongoing assessment of technology needs, both hardware & software, within our system. They will develop a metrics for determining device and software utilization, and manage the results accordingly.
• Provides leadership in the development of strategic plan for the integration of technology into the educational environment at all levels.
• Provides leadership and innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective educational innovations into the curriculum.
• Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging technologies and new potentials in educational technology that may be adopted as new and emerging instructional media, technologies, pedagogies and practices.
• Works with the IT staff to provide administrative and technical support for all instructional technology to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology rich teaching, and advance curricular innovation.
• Formulates and provides a professional development program designed to support faculty and staff in the design, development and delivery of curriculum and instruction using computer-mediated communications and cognitive and interactive media tools
• Develops and maintains an online repository of resources to provide information on current best practices, innovations, and emerging trends for faculty and to promote sharing of resources.
• Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of related policies and procedures in collaboration with other members of the staff.
• Identify areas of needed improvement with regards to staff and technology.
• Coordinate ongoing advancements in technology with Senior. Administrators, the Director of Information Services, and report to the Chief Technology Officer.
• BA/BS in a relevant field required
• Masters degree in a relevant field preferred
• Advanced Technology Training strongly desired
• Five years of progressive administrative and supervisory experience in the Educational Technology Field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to manage and direct staff.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to interact with senior level administrators and external constituents.
• Capacity to manage confidential information.
• Proficient in Microsoft as well as Apple platforms.
• Advanced knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and data processing programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
• Innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to lead others in the creative uses of technology in a learning environment
• Extensive knowledge of best practices in instructional design and student learning
• Expert knowledge of trends and future directions of technology in the learning environment
• Knowledge of infrastructure requirements and components of local and wide area networks, Internet, intranet, and distributed learning
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Must have valid drivers’ license for travel to local schools. Some travel, conferences, schools, etc
Send Resumes and Inquiries to Tom Tarpey at [email protected] (255)