DIRECTOR OF DIRECT RESPONSE OPERATIONS
Fundraising, FT Employee
Paulist Fathers (Washington, DC)
Director of Direct Response Operations
The Director of Direct Response Operations is responsible for the day-to-day strategic execution and management of a comprehensive direct mail program. This includes the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in all areas of direct response and mail services. The Director manages the campaign production, vendor relations, invoice processing and reporting on the program’s revenue and expense. Assisting the Paulist Fathers in achieving its goals by utilizing sound principles of donor response fundraising.
• Faculties the successful execution of all direct mail campaigns, including copyediting, art and set-up approvals and maintaining sample library. Monitoring production schedule in order to meet deadlines, and implement procedures to prevent copy errors.
• Coordinates matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving direct mail, phone, and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
• Fosters the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual and campaign giving.
• Directs long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program.
• Creates and coordinates the Annual Giving Mail Campaign and the Appeal Calendar
• Manages the relationship between lock box/banking operations, fulfillment operations and all relevant vendor’s activities.
• Analyzes and evaluates the performance of the appeal program and suggest appropriate modifications.
• Establishes and cultivates working relationships with Paulist Fathers, Foundation staffs and campus personnel.
• Ensures that the Paulist Fathers is maximizing total dollars, percentage participation, consistency of giving and average gift size and internally in terms of clean data, ease of access to data and timely donor stewardship to ensure successful year-over-year success.
• Determines annual giving goals and build strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals. This strategy will be a comprehensive plan utilizing the resources available through development services and donor relations.
• Focuses on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
• Formulates and executes a communications program supporting annual giving.
• Works effectively with major gifts to build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
• Coordinates annual giving with reunion campaigns and other specialty constituents, such as Paulist Anniversary Celebrations.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong managerial, leadership and supervisory skills necessary.
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers.
• Excellent skill and understanding of computer and constituent software required.
• Ability to work independently, within a team environment.
• Five years of fund raising experience required.
• Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality, in all areas of responsibility.
• Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
• Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations.
• Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
• Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
• Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
• Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required.
• Willing to approach role and tasks with a commitment to the mission and values and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and a cover letter to [email protected] Please include the position title in your e-mail subject line. (0)