This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
John Paul II Newman Center at UIC (Chicago, IL)
The Director of Development is responsible for leading and managing the Blessed John Paul II Newman Center Fund development programs. The Director raises funds for the ministry and programs at the University of Illinois at Chicago where more than 16,000 Catholic Students are represented within the student body of 28,000. The Director of Development personally represents The JP2 Center and supports benefactors and potential benefactors in their desire to aide in the advancement of our work. The Director maintains a portfolio of JP2 Fund benefactors; (S)he conducts discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the JP2 Fund benefactors and potential benefactors. This position requires experience in development, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a desire to grow in understanding of the fund development field. Additionally, this position requires the ability to work as an effective team member in a fast-paced, result-driven environment. Other responsibilities include building the relationship between the Center, the University of Illinois at Chicago Advancement Team and other central Catholic organizations in the Chicagoland area.
- Prepares annual plans for all fund development activities
- Develops and maintains a three-year plan for the development program and works with Accountant and Center Director on organizational growth and budgeting, updated annually.
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program
- Schedules and conducts face-to-face benefactor visits
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of 200 JP2 Fund potential benefactors (i.e. potential benefactors with the capacity to give greater than $1,000 annually).
- Makes personal gift solicitations of these benefactors and directs a solicitation to all benefactors in the portfolio for the JP2 Fund.
- Records all contact with potential benefactors in the Raiser’s Edge constituent database
- Develops and implements strategy and tactics regarding the development system.
- Leads in the discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of JP2 Fund gifts, including Director’s Fund, Leadership Circle, Integritas Institute for Ethics, and the Young Alumni Board program
- Works in conjunction with the JP2 Director on relationships with potential key benefactors and with the Center grant writer
- Meets regularly with supervisor and attends all appropriate meetings as necessary, supervises development employees as necessary
- Provides strong, creative and energetic leadership within the Development Department and JP2 as an organization; Supports the mission of JP2 at UIC and works passionately to help the mission attain identified and indicated goals
- Attends events as requested/necessary
- Evening and Early morning hours as necessary.
Fiscal Year Goals:
- Conducts 300 face-to-face benefactor visits each year (avg. 25/month)
- Raises $100,000 per quarter from personal face-to-face visits and from foundation grants
- Achieves a “yes” ratio of at least 33% from face-to-face benefactor visits
- Raises $200,000 per quarter in future FY pledges (i.e. gifts in which the pledge payment will come due in future fiscal years)
- Implements Director’s strategy for introducing planned giving to potential benefactors; works with Archdiocesan personnel in this regard
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred in Business, Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Certified Fundraising Executive preferred but not required
- 3-5 years in Development experience, preferred in campus ministry setting
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet with benefactors and potential benefactors.
The Director position is compensated competitively within the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Chicago. Total compensation will include a favorable benefits package and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About the Employer
An Agency of the Archdiocese of Chicago, The Blessed John Paul II Newman Center bridges the University of Illinois at Chicago and the Church, as a living example of Catholic belief and service. The Newman Center convenes a conversation with all facets of Christian values, social justice and ethics in order to nurture the next generation of civic and Church leaders. The John Paul II Newman Center provides a Catholic community in which all are welcome and all are encouraged.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] No phone calls. (919)
Incoming search terms:
- John Paul II Newman Center
- uic newman center chicago
- Newman Center Chicago
- John Paul Newman Center UIC
- newman center chicago il
- newman center uic
- blessed john paul II newman center university of chicago
- paul newman free
- st john john paul ii newman center uic