This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Independence Mission Schools (Wayne, PA)
Independence Mission Schools (IMS) is a newly-formed non-profit which will take over operations for 16 inner-city Catholic parish grade based schools as of July 1, 2013.
Its mission is to provide sustainable, affordable, high quality Catholic education to children of all faiths in the underserved urban neighborhoods, through a new model of governance, funding, and accountability for the member schools. The IMS network of independent schools encompasses over 4,200 children from some of Philadelphia’s most under-served neighborhoods, where many families are subsisting on incomes 200% below the poverty level. Rooted in the legacy of quality Catholic education, IMS’s new model addresses an important public purpose, the today’ crisis in urban education. We believe this purpose will attract funding support from a broad array of organization and individuals of all faiths.
IMS is seeking a creative, resourceful, and dynamic Director of Development to design and implement our development strategy and to lead IMS fund raising efforts. Reporting to the President and working closely with the CFO and our development committee of the board of directors, he or she will ensure that fundraising strategies align with our strategic plan and are designed to sustain IMS’s mission. An intriguing opportunity for an entrepreneurial applicant, our new Director of Development will be a key member of management helping to shape a new enterprise with a compelling mission.
Reports to: President, Independence Mission Schools
Building two levels of our fundraising platform by directing all of the development activities initiated by the IMS central organization and supporting and enhancing the development efforts of our network of member schools.
• IMS Central Office: The IMS Development Director will have responsibility for building a robust development platform for all fund raising activities initiated by the umbrella organization. This includes:
Donor cultivation, marketing and communication with high net worth donors, businesses, and foundations.
Preparing grants as coordinated with the CFO.
Working with various authorized scholarship providers, the Director will also have primary responsibility for building our Pennsylvania State tax credit driven scholarship programs (EITC and OSTC.)
As the organization grows, we expect that the Director of Development will have access to in house administrative staff and, as appropriate, outsourced staff to support certain development functions such as grant writing, etc.
• Member schools: Each of the member schools will have its own fundraising capacity. Many IMS schools already have some capacity and all are in the process of building strong member school boards to support these efforts.
The IMS Development Director,as a collateral duty, will assist each school’s development person in formulating an effective fundraising strategy. Working through his or her staff, the Director will offer the schools training on solicitation of tax credit related scholarships, assistance with board development, effect management of donor communications, public relations and donor database support.
Investigate, recommend, and implement a donor database tracking system.
Coordinate with marketing and public relations advisors to publish collateral materials that support the development effort.
Together with other members of senior management, establish strategic priorities and quantify goals for fund raising.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years’ experience in the development field, preferably with closely-related populations. Experience in management, supervision, and program development is required.
• Proven track record of successful fundraising and/or record of successful sales experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate Independence Mission Schools’ mission with energy, passion, and commitment.
• High professional standards and team-oriented approach to project execution and staff management.
• Computer literacy.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
Independence Mission Schools
[email protected] (578)
Incoming search terms:
- school advancement director
- mail imscentral com
- mail imscentral com loc:US
- missionary schools director of development
- Board members for independence mission schools system
- independence mission schools human resources
- independence mission schools development director
- email imscentral com
- development independence mission schools
- TSE:ocs un