This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Diocese of Dodge City (Dodge City, KS)
Job Description – Director of Development
The Director of Development is a member of the Curia of the Catholic Diocese of Dodge City and reports to the Bishop and Director of Finance. The Director of Development is responsible for establishing and leading the development program and will work closely with the Bishop’s Council, Diocesan Finance Council, the Dechant Foundation, Catholic schools, and parishes, in order to encourage all to share generously to the Lord and His Church. This person will also be responsible for developing and maintaining active and productive relationships with donors, promoting the Stewardship message of the Gospel, and assisting the development of a profound culture of philanthropy in the diocese.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other diocesan-related solicitations.
• Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
• Manages charitable gift annuity program in cooperation with Catholic Gift Annuity and Catholic Extension Society.
• Works closely with Knights of Columbus personnel on its life insurance program.
• Develops a comprehensive planned-giving program.
• Works with parishes, Catholic schools, Catholic school endowments, and organizations affiliated with the diocese to develop strategies to initiate and meet significant fundraising goals.
• Develops fundraising training for board members, council members, and other leadership volunteers.
• Assumes responsibility for all Development reports to the Bishop and agencies, and attends various consultative meetings.
• Assists the Bishop with researching and recommending potential new members to boards and councils.
Development Office Infrastructure
• Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
• Supervises donor and gift record-keeping.
• Coordinates development research activities.
• Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
• Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs.
Marketing and Advertising
• Works closely with the diocesan staff to develop effective marketing and advertising plans.
• Designs and oversees production of all major publications, including the Annual Report, the development website, and works with designers and printers to develop materials that promote the diocese’s fund raising goals and activities.
• Creates and implements a communication and promotional plan for the Diocesan Appeal, as needed.
• Ministerial commitment
• A minimum of 3 years professional fundraising experience.
• Proven experience in designing and managing development programs.
• Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, parents, administrators and faculty.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strict sense of confidentiality, professionalism, initiative, self-motivation, and team player attributes
• Excellent people skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Values of integrity, persistence, creativity and enthusiasm
Interested applicants may submit resumes, references and salary requirements to: Georgina Paz, Human Resources Administrator – [email protected] (29)