This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
Fundraising, FT Employee
Bishop Walsh School (Cumberland, MD)
Under the direction of the Principal and the Executive Director of Development for the AOB, the Director of Development and Alumni Relations is responsible for designing and directing all fundraising, alumni and parent relations, events, print and electronic communication, marketing, and public relations. The role of the Development and Alumni Relations Office is to continue to strengthen and enhance the future of Bishop Walsh through the meaningful involvement of the community in the school’s mission, vision and strategic plan.
• Oversees Communications, Alumni Relations, Marketing and Public Relations.
• Plans and directs the fundraising including annual, capital, endowment and planned giving programs.
• Monitors and approves fundraising efforts conducted by other school entities in order to ensure a professional and coordinated approach.
• Supports and enhances the Bishop Walsh Giving Society and its stewardship program to increase the number of leadership donors each year.
• Manages a defined portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for annual fund, capital, and endowment giving.
• Recruits and manages the Board’s Advancement Committee members to increase leadership giving among all constituencies, and provides motivation, coaching, and training to engage and strengthen fundraising efforts.
• Establishes and coordinates procedures for securing and recording gifts and recognizing donors, and supports the Advancement Manager in maintaining the accuracy of the database and timely and accurate gift acknowledgement.
• Develops and builds the planned giving program through education, marketing and individual meetings with prospective donors.
• Oversees the grants management process to ensure timely and appropriate submission of proposals.
• Coordinates and supports the Principal’s Council of Advisors.
• Drafts copy (as needed) and edits all advancement publication materials including annual fund, campaign, planned giving, the news letter, invitations, alumni, and grant proposals.
• Supervises and participates in a wide variety of events and activities to strengthen relationships with alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends of Bishop Walsh.
• Works with the Finance Office as well as the Board’s Finance and Investment Committees to preserve and increase philanthropic support for the school.
• Reviews gift reports and outstanding pledge reports, and monitors the collection of all pledges including reminders, follow up, etc. with the Advancement Manager.
• Develops and implements strategies to identify and incorporate new donors and enlarge the donor base including prospect identification and evaluation.
• Oversees the stewardship of all endowed funds, including the coordination of regular reporting to donors in conjunction with the Finance Office.
• Encourages opportunities to inform and involve faculty, staff and students in the Advancement Department events.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five or more years of fundraising experience, preferably in an educational, religious or other non-profit environment and two or more years of management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field
• Comprehensive knowledge and a proven track record of successful fundraising and development activities required
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organization skills
• Ability to manage and mentor staff
• Ability to prepare and maintain budgets
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to cultivate relationships
• Ability to promote Bishop Walsh’s fundraising priorities through excellent working relationships with donors, committee members, volunteers, and school leadership
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas of fundraising (170)
Incoming search terms:
- bishop walsh school development director