This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF CONGREGATIONAL ADVANCEMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Sisters of St. Francis (Sylvania, OH)
Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio
Director of Congregational Advancement
The Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, a religious congregation founded in 1916 and the sponsoring organization of The Sylvania Franciscan Village (comprised of the Sisters of St. Francis, Lourdes University, and Sylvania Franciscan Health), invite applicants for the position of Director of Congregational Advancement. This is a full-time, exempt position.
The Director helps advance the vision and mission of the Sisters of St. Francis and therefore must have a thorough grasp of the Congregation’s charism, values, goals and priorities. The Director works collaboratively with a broad group of persons who are involved in impacting the public face of the Congregation.
• Promote and support the values of the Sisters of St. Francis, demonstrating behaviors of respect, involvement, teamwork and open and effective communication.
• Adhere to the Sisters of St. Francis policies, procedures and objectives.
• Participate with the Assistant Congregational Minister in working with the Communications and Marketing Team and establishing systems to maintain performance at optimum level, as well as oversee the work of the Team to insure the attainment of the goals.
• Provide leadership, supervision, coordination and collaboration of advancement efforts in direct contributions, major gifts, estate planning, charitable gift annuities, trusts and endowments and foundation grants.
• Motivate and inspire others in a dynamic team environment, demonstrating a positive perspective on work and relationships.
• Build relationships with the Congregational Leadership, the Sisters, Sponsored Ministries, Volunteers, Community Partners and donors.
• Oversee and help develop, implement and evaluate the policies that govern the advancement efforts and the administrative procedures that support the policies.
• Exhibit professional attitude in attire, workspace and interpersonal communications.
• Active practicing Catholic required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE designation (or other comparable certification) preferred.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in non-profit organization in a development role required.
• Willingness to approach role and tasks with a commitment to the mission and values of the charism, values and goals of the Sylvania Franciscans.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to foster collaborative relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to [email protected]
Review of applications will begin on April 28, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Incoming search terms:
- a tertiary sisters of saint francis saint
- Sylvania Franciscan In Sylvania Ohio