This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Internet/Social Media, FT Employee
St. Paul the Apostle Parish (Bangor, ME)
The Director of Communications oversees internal and external communications and outreach for Saint Paul the Apostle Parish through the use of print, web, and other media forms.
MAJOR POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. In consultation with the priests of the parish, demonstrates effective leadership in directing the parish’s internal and external communications.
- Through effective leadership in planning, directing, and coordinating, oversees parish communications and outreach to and between the following groups:
Parishioners who actively contribute to and are involved in the various ministries and organizations of the parish.
All parishioners who attend Mass on Sunday.
Parishioners who are no longer practicing their faith, and all other individuals and families in the Greater Bangor area.
Media outlets, neighboring churches, and all other private and public organizations and associations within parish boundaries.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve outreach and communications methods, systems, and publications, and communicates recommendations to appropriate parties.
- Proactively seeks feedback from parishioners and diligently responds to parishioners’ concerns or suggestions by informing them of actions taken.
- Attends staff meetings with priests and other core office staff on a weekly basis or as needed in order to facilitate collaboration, discuss goals and objectives, and evaluate ongoing progress.
- Implements and ensures compliance at all times with the Diocese of Portland “Cluster Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.”
- Represents the parish in all interactions with staff, parishioners, and the general public by conducting himself/herself in accord with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Actively participates in the annual formulation of a budget for his or her area of responsibility and is evaluated on performance with respect to operating within his or her budget during the previous year.
- Participates in an annual performance review in his or her area of responsibility with supervisor that is based on job description.
- Carries out other duties as assigned or requested.
B. In collaboration with parish staff and volunteers, organizes the generation and production of various media forms that document, promote, and build awareness of the mission and work of Saint Paul the Apostle Parish.
- Directs and carries out the weekly production, publication, and distribution of the St. Paul the Apostle parish bulletin.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a parish web site that is accurate, up to date, attractive, and thorough.
- Coordinates and recruits parish volunteers and staff to actively generate media content that documents the life of the parish and can be used in various forms of parish outreach, making sure to acknowledge and thank them for their work.
- Organizes and maintains a parish media archive and electronic media database, where all media content generated by parish staff and volunteers may be safely and easily stored and accessed.
- Oversees and collaborates with volunteers and staff to carry out occasional major parish publications and/or media projects as needed.
- Creates, develops, and maintains professional, attractive, and accurate logo, letterhead, signage, and other print and digital media associated with Saint Paul the Apostle Parish.
- Provides professional and attractive visual and print media to priests and other staff for use in parish electronic and printed materials.
- Acts as a consultant and quality control check for publications and media related efforts by parish staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates and oversees the placement of advertising and promotional materials on all parish properties.
- Negotiates and coordinates print production and other media related processes with outside vendors as needed.
C. Serves as a media liaison between St. Paul the Apostle Parish, the Diocese of Portland, and local and national news outlets.
- Acts as project manager of all communication activities, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate, and professional manner consistent with the mission and teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Seeks to promote the mission and teachings of the Catholic church by pursuing positive working relationships with key individuals at local media outlets, including but not limited to those working with newspaper, radio and television companies.
- Acts as parish liaison when media outlets are covering stories that involve the parish.
- Generates and distributes attractive, factual, professional and well timed press releases to local media outlets concerning important or compelling happenings or events involving the parish.
- Receives, evaluates, and implements all requests regarding the publication, distribution, or production of media content that come from the chancery, other parishes, or other Catholic organizations.
- Coordinates efforts to advertise church activities, functions, liturgies and general information in the local community.
- Conducts work with a balance of attention to detail and strategic vision.
- Handles all situations with excellent communication skills.
- Executes projects with the highest level of creativity and a sharp eye for aesthetics.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Presents himself or herself professionally.
- Has completed or will successfully complete within 90 days of start of employment the diocesan program “Protecting God’s Children.”
- Meets all of the employment policies specified in the Diocese of Portland “Cluster Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.”
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic who understands and enthusiastically supports the mission and purpose of the Church and parish.
- Is willing to work on nights and weekends as needed or requested.
- Possesses and maintains a valid Maine driver’s license and is insurable.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5 years experience in media and/or communications preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe Design Suite required.
Basic knowledge web publishing required, experience in web site design and maintenance preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and climb stairs/ladders; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds an occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities usually required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is occasionally loud. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevailing at the time.
Full-time, Exempt Status
$30,000-$32,000 pay scale plus benefits
Pastor/Administrator. Also takes direction from parochial vicars.
Applications may be submitted by mail or email. Interested applicants should send both their Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of Father Timothy Nadeau at:
St. Paul the Apostle Parish
207 York Street
Bangor, ME 04401
[email protected] (595)
Incoming search terms:
- Roman catholic parish programme for the year of faith
- St Paul the apostle Bangor Me
- catholic parish director of communications
- st paul the apostle parish website bangor maine
- St Paul the Apostle parish Bangor ME
- st paul the apostle bulletin
- st paul apostle parish bangor
- st paul apostle bangor
- saint paul apostle parish bangor me
- saint paul apostle parish bangor