This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (Washington, DC)
A full-time director of communications and marketing ensures that NFCYM messages articulate clearly, consistently, and effectively the mission, activities, positions, and priorities of the NFCYM.
The director is charged with creating and protecting NFCYM’s brand in addition to assuring consistency of message within its service centers, programs, and resources. Broadly, this position oversees communications, brand management, marketing, exhibiting, and advertising for NFCYM.
Communications Related Tasks
1. Develops, evaluates, and implements the annual communications plan across all multimedia platforms, utilizing the latest available communications technology.
2. Leads and maintains the generation of online news content to engage audience segments, leading to measurable action.
3. Decides where, when, and to whom to disseminate news and current information.
4. Develops, implements, and maintains communication vehicles to generate messages that build public awareness.
5. Manages messaging in various forms of print and electronic media, including, but not limited to, news releases, statements, interviews, letters, talking points, brochures, videos, audios, and the News section of the NFCYM website.
6. Coordinates web content to ensure that new and consistent information, news releases, and article links are posted regularly.
7. Oversees editing of fundraising letters, grant applications, and other development outreach materials.
8. Coordinates shooting, editing, and posting of video and photographs of major NFCYM events and activities (National Catholic Youth Conference, National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry).
9. Manages and maintains media contacts and responds to media requests for information, interviews, and photographs.
10. Monitors external news coverage of the NFCYM, its agents and issues of particular concern to the NFCYM.
Marketing Related Tasks
1. Develop and manage NFCYM’s brand strategy
2. Support NFCYM’s Marketing Advisory Committee
3. Create proactive public relations strategies to help prevent and minimize impact of “crisis” situations, and then implement and manage the message and brand of the NFCYM through all channels.
4. Manage advertising across all platforms (web, print, social media, streaming)
5. Oversee translation of promotional text
6. Coordinate media relations (including press releases, TV spots/interviews, capturing of content from NFCYM programs and services)
7. Oversee opportunities for organizations to advertise with NFCYM (print ad, digital ads, streaming, signage, especially through NFCYM conferences)
8. Manage NFCYM’s exhibits at conferences
9. Create and implement conference marketing strategies with primary focus on NCYC, NCCYM, and the Annual Membership Meeting.
10. Create and implement integrated marketing strategies for NFCYM and its service centers and conferences
11. Develop and implement strategies to promote PRRI content on social media including Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms (316)
Incoming search terms:
- director of communications
- Director of Communications and Marketing