DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS MINISTRY
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Canisius College (Buffalo, NY)
Director of Campus Ministry
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
Campus Ministry Mission Statement
The Office of Campus Ministry at Canisius College is missioned to empower our students, faculty, administrators, staff and alumni to grow as leaders and persons for others within Church and community. We do this in the spirit of Jesus and in the Jesuit tradition. We are guided by the cornerstones of spirituality, community, simplicity of life and service and are committed to work toward justice with people of all faiths.
General Position Description
The Director of Campus Ministry is responsible for the oversight of all ministry programs and efforts directed toward the development of faith in the campus community. The Director supervises a full-time staff of 7 campus ministers and regularly collaborates with departments across the campus, the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo and other human service organizations. The Director serves as a member of the Senior Operating Team of the College and reports directly to the President. The Director must be a Catholic who is active in her/his faith, and has experience in working with persons of many cultures, ethnicities and religious traditions. An understanding of the Jesuit and Catholic traditions in higher education, Ignatian spirituality, and Catholic social teaching is essential.
• Leads the Campus Ministry team in its mission of being an empowering, pastoral and prophetic presence on campus and developing programs, activities and services that respond to the spiritual and religious needs of the students, faculty, staff and alumni of Canisius College.
• Oversees Campus Ministry-led spiritual retreats and sacramental and Roman Catholic liturgical events on campus.
• Oversees the development of international and domestic service-immersion programs, as well as local service activities and justice efforts on campus.
• Takes a leadership role when appropriate on committees and in public prayer.
• Supervises the work of the Campus Ministry team, including organizing regular staff meetings and professional development days.
• Develops, reviews and manages assessment goals and objectives consistent with the department’s mission and strategic plan.
• Represents Campus Ministry to the other units on campus and encourages collaborative efforts with these units.
• Engages on are regular basis with the Director of Mission and Identity, the Dean of Students, the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Director of Community-based Learning in implementing facets of Canisius College’s strategic plan.
• Manages the Campus Ministry budgets and oversees the schedule, use and policies of Christ the King Chapel.
• Master’s degree in theology, pastoral studies or a related field.
• Person of deep faith who is intellectually conversant with the Catholic tradition and knowledgeable of Ignatian spirituality and Catholic Social Teaching.
• At least five years of experience in pastoral administration or an equivalent field.
• Commitment to and ability to articulate the University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity in an inviting and engaging manner.
• Ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with others.
• Experience with developing and managing budgets, strategic planning and supervising staff members.
• A willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected] (please put CAMPUS MINISTRY in subject line of email). Application materials are requested by December 5, 2012, but will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Application materials may also be mailed to Human Resources, 2001 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14208. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- canisius college
- director of liturgy on colle campus
- jesuit colleges campus ministry
- Bufflola NY
- contact canosluz com ar
- mail canosluz com ar loc:US
- office canosluz com ar