DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy (Austin, TX)
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX, is looking for dedicated professionals interested in teaching in a Catholic high school environment. The successful candidates will have a demonstrated expertise in using technology to enhance student learning. Applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio, preferably electronic, that demonstrates how they have used technology in their teaching and what students have accomplished as a result. During the interview process, well-qualified applicants will also be asked to teach a lesson using technology. Appropriate undergraduate or graduate degree and required. The ideal candidate will possess wide-ranging academic preparation, a successful history or working with young people, and a history of professional interaction patterns with colleagues and parents.
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Corinne Callahan, Communications Director
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy
3000 Barton Creek Blvd
Austin, TX 78735
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, Texas seeks a Director of Business Operations (DBO) to begin in June 2014. The DBO will be a member of the school’s senior management team, report directly to the Head of School, supervise business office personnel, and work closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. This individual will:
• Work in close coordination with the Head of School to plan for and prepare the annual budget;
• Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures to keep accurate records of the financial position of the school and ensure its financial stability;
• Develop straightforward, visually-appealing reports for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and Finance Committee regarding the financial operations of the school;
• Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, vendor negotiations, and banking activities;
• Prepare information for annual audits;
• Coordinate the financial aid process and maintain financial files for all students (e.g., contracts, payment plans, parent correspondence, financial aid statements, etc.);
• Oversee human resources administration, including posting and managing job searches, onboarding new employees, maintaining personnel files, managing payroll and benefits, managing compliance, and conducting background checks;
• Oversee other auxiliary functions including the transportation, food program, oversight and record keeping for Booster and Parent Clubs, etc.
• Manage school security and risk, including maintaining appropriate levels of insurance to protect the school and cover school liability;
• Participate in school leadership related to financial matters, including long-term planning, attending Finance and Investment Committee meetings, and representing the school at national meetings related to the business operations of the school;
• Reconcile donation reports with the Development Office;
• Proactively and continuously seek ways to improve the efficiency of the school’s financial operations and the security of the school’s financial position.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, or related field. A CPA-accreditation or MBA is desirable but not required. An interest in Catholic education as well as experience in the financial operations of independent schools and in working with independent school stakeholders (school personnel, trustees, parents, students) are desirable. Please submit a letter of intent and a current resume to Corinne Callahan. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- st michaels academy austin
- austin catholic academy
- catholic schools austin texas
- operations directors in austin texas
- school business director JOB
- St Michaels catholic school business procedures