This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Holy Family Parish (Fond Du Lac, WI)
The Director of Advancement reports directly to the designated member of the In Solidum Team of Pastors and is responsible for the Stewardship Commission’s mission of leading and managing the processes by which the parish engages with current and past parishioners, and current and prospective benefactors. A successful Director of Advancement will help to ensure that members of Holy Family Catholic Community are recognized as valued members of our faith community and are encouraged to contribute their time, talent and treasure to advance the mission of our Parish Community.
The Director of Advancement works with the Parish Pastoral Council and Financial Council to design and implement programs that elicit a level of financial support that meets their annual targets.
1. With the assistance of the Development Committee of the Parish Finance Council, develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is reviewed regularly and updated annually.
2. Prepare annual plans for all fund development activities.
3. Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the development program, including but not limited to:
a. Chairing the Parish Festival Committees
b. Identification, cultivation, and solicitation of gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
c. Assist in scheduling, coordination and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Pastors or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
d. Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
e. Moving parishioners into the Parish Pay and electronic donation systems.
f. Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the designated Pastor.
4. Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures and other marketing materials such as direct mailings, phone-a-thons, special events as needed through the recruitment and supervision of volunteers
5. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
6. Prepare and disseminate an annual report to the parish community.
7. Collect and evaluate data providing contributions by population for example:
a. Age groups
b. Parishioners with students at St. Mary Springs Academy.
1. Register all new parishioners.
2. With the help of the Invitation and Welcoming Committee create appropriate formats for inviting new members into the parish, the newly Confirmed to deeper parish involvement and to begin financial support of parish as they are able.
3. Maintain contact with parishioners through the Parish Bulletin, Web Site, Facebook Page, Twitter, or other print, electronic and social media, and Pastor’s Weekend Mass announcements.
4. Identifies, recruits, trains and supervises all volunteers associated with the Stewardship and Development Commission.
1. Prepare and disseminate an annual report to the parish community.
2. Evaluate all communication materials and efforts and adjust strategies as necessary.
3. Assist in the preparation and submission of grant applications to prospective foundations and corporations.
• A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees Parish development work as an essential ministry.
• Baccalaureate degree or higher (Preferred).
• Three years’ demonstrated success and experience as Advancement or Development Director (Preferred).
• Thorough knowledge of fund-raising principles or a willingness to learn them.
• Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
• Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
• Ability to work effectively with the Pastor, other staff members, a development consultant, campus representatives, and volunteers.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Affinity with, and passion for, the overall evangelical mission of the Catholic Parish.
• Basic understanding of budgeting, financial statements and correlation between the role of Director of Advancement and the financial needs of the Parish. (52)
Incoming search terms:
- bob parish fond du lac