This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Heroic Media (Dallas, TX)
The Director of Advancement position is based out of Dallas – Ft. Worth with travel throughout the U.S., primarily in Texas. The purpose of this role is to build a broad, deep and committed base of support that sustains media advertising both short and long-term. The Director of Advancement must identify, cultivate and solicit supporters, connectors, and volunteers. This person must maintain a very high level of activity focused on prospect identification, cultivation of prospect and donor relations, regional media market board member engagement, planning and facilitating small and large events and most importantly, be poised to ask for major and transformational gifts. The Director of Advancement will report directly to the V.P. of Advancement.
- Identifying prospects through research and networking through personal relationships, connectors and donors.
- Actively approaching and cultivating prospects through phone calls, emails, mailings, third party introductions and personal visits.
- Cultivating relationships with current donors, advisory board members and leadership council members.
- Preparing, planning and executing direct solicitation of major and transformational gift prospects.
- Planning and facilitating small home based “leadership events.”
- Planning and executing large annual events. (109)