This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
Catholic Charities of Central Texas only accepts online applications. To apply, please visit our website http://ccctx.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ’s mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Director of Advancement is responsible for the overall operations of the Advancement Division, which includes parish relations, grant management, public relations/marketing, volunteer coordination, and fund development efforts. Additionally, this position is expected to be a significant fundraising contributor, while simultaneously leading and managing staff to reach the agency’s overall fund development goal. The position is formally supervised by Executive Director, and operates with general supervision with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Implement the three-year Advancement strategic plan and create annual tactical plans.
• Staff the Development and Public Relations Committee for the Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, involving committee members to further the agency mission, and reporting to the committee on the progress of all activities;
• Responsible for the Advancement budget development, implementation and monitoring.
• Hire, supervise and evaluate Advancement staff, and ensure that direct reports are mentored and developed.
• Oversee the implementation of the Benevon fundraising model across all Advancement departments.
• Participate as a senior leader at CCCTX, promoting the agency’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction both within the agency and without.
• Oversee all special events related to fundraising and major gift cultivation, including: working with staff to facilitate committee development; setting goals for events; identifying event sponsors and underwriters; and overseeing all other details related to each event and meeting approved fund development goals.
• Develops and disseminates year-end advancement reports.
• Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
• Use effective and appropriate supervision and management techniques to maximize employee morale and effectiveness.
• Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and philosophies.
• Knowledge of graphic design and print production.
• Knowledge of grant management.
• Knowledge of and work experience in the non-profit sector.
• Skills in presenting ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
• Skill in excellent organizational, interpersonal, and English communication.
• Skill in relationship-driven, fund development training and experience, preferably with the Benevon model.
• Skills in proof reading and editing.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment, integrity, and performance with previous employer(s).
• Ability to manage volunteers and special events.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, fundraising software packages, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to travel regularly throughout the Diocese of Austin.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
• Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor Degree in business, marketing or related field from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• 3 (three) years of full time wage earning experience in fund development and/or sales.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period. (192)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Charities Of Central Texas georgetown
- catholic churches on burnet austin texas
- Director of Advancement catholic charities