This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSION
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Southern Teachers Agency – Father Ryan High School (Nashville, TN)
Father Ryan’s excellent reputation has, throughout of its history, produced strong enrollment. Students come from parochial feeder schools and families wanting a sound Catholic/Christian-based education. In recent years, a new co-ed Catholic high school and other emerging area independent schools have heightened competition for new students. Nonetheless, by holding true to its distinctive mission, Father Ryan has remained at full capacity while completing a $4.2M campaign and finishing more than $12M in campus capital improvements. Annual giving is at an all-time high.
Father Ryan is Tennessee’s largest Catholic high school with 955 students, more than 90% of whom are Catholic. Even so, its environment is intimate and communal. Students greet visitors with courtesy and confidence. Clearly, they appreciate being known and loved by their teachers and school leaders. They enjoy the flexible five-track academic program and small classes that accommodate and encourage success by students with wide-ranging learning styles and gifts. The school’s great strength, of course, is its faculty. Many teachers are Father Ryan alumni, living out the school’s mission in service to others. The average tenure at Father Ryan is fifteen years.
Nashville boasts one of the country’s most saturated independent school markets, as well as strong magnet programs in the local public school system. Enrollment competition is fierce. Diminishing demographics of parochial feeder schools has led Father Ryan to explore non-traditional markets and more creative ways of reaching prospective students. The next Director of Admission must therefore be a strategic leader and a catalyst for enrollment to ensure that Father Ryan continues as the standard-bearer of college-prep Catholic education in Nashville.
The Director of Admission will join a school that is very healthy – from enrollment to capital giving to school spirit. The profession-al staff strives constantly to build on Father Ryan’s 90-year history by improving student experiences while remaining true to the school’s mission.
The next Director will take on a number of key tasks:
1. Maintain strong relationships with current parochial feeder schools, parishes, and families
2. Build new relationships with Catholic families in previously unexplored areas around Nashville, particularly south of Davidson County
3. Develop new applicant pools to account for the changing demographics of traditional feeder schools
4. Design and implement innovative ways to market the school to both internal and external audiences
5. Evaluate and improve recruitment, admission, and application processes, including current eighth grade visit days, open houses, and shadow days
6. Develop a stronger model to manage enrollment from inquiry to graduation
The Director of Admission is responsible for the entire enrollment management program. With help from the Associate Director and support from the entire school community, the Director creates and implements marketing, communications, recruitment, admission, and retention processes to ensure that the school enrolls and produces young people of faith, knowledge, and service. The Director of Admission reports directly to the Director of Advancement.
School constituents know what they seek in the next Director of Admission. The most successful candidate will bring more than five years of experience in admissions, preferably at a Catholic school. They need to be someone who is authentic , honest, and sincere; has a healthy competitive spirit and a strong academic background, perhaps having served previously as a teacher; is a team-oriented leader and a collaborative worker who will roll up his or her sleeves; has excellent writing and presentation skills; enjoys people and is eager and excited about this opportunity to serve; and understands and appreciates Catholic schools and southern culture.
For most thorough consideration, applicants for the Director of Admission position should submit the following:
1. A Southern Teachers Agency application, available at www.SouthernTeachers.com
2. A cover letter describing their interest in pursuing this position at Father Ryan High School
3. A current resume
4. A statement of educational philosophy
5. A list of references, including present and recent administrators/board members
Applications should be sent via email to: Mr. Drew Lineberger at [email protected]
Initial interviews with the consultant at Southern Teachers Agency will be ongoing. The new Director of Admission will begin work in Summer 2014. (302)
Incoming search terms:
- addmission to Father Ryan high school
- director od admission listing at parohial high schools
- father ryan admissions
- father ryan hs in nashville tn
- southern teachers agency father ryan school