DIRECTOR I – GLOBAL TOTAL REWARDS
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Position Title: Director, Global Total Rewards
Dept/Location: Human Resources / HQ-Baltimore
Job Band: E
Reports To: Director of HR Operations
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
As the Global Director of Compensation & Benefits Operations at Catholic Relief Services you will need both strategic and practical acumen as you will be accountable for program, operational and compliance aspects of the Global Compensation and Benefits programs. Total Rewards is a key lever in fulfilling HR’s desire to shape an engaging culture which inspires high performance.
The position will partner with other internal and external teams to develop and drive CRS total rewards strategy and promote CRS’S total compensation philosophy. Collaboration across multiple geographies with global stakeholders across the organization is critical for success in the role. Social intelligence and resilience are key attributes to foster an environment where upgrades to the function are encouraged.
This position will ensure that CRS is market competitive in total compensation to attract and retain the best talent while getting the maximum return on investment. You will lead a team that is responsible for market analysis, salary and benefit surveys and overall global compensation, equity and benefit program administration. As Director, you will provide vision and direction to the teams as well as mentor and empower the teams to develop the necessary subject matter expertise across the globe.
In addition to the requisite discipline knowledge, a forward thinking approach, with an internal and an external orientation is required to lead and manage in CRS’s complex environment, while supporting the organizations strategic goals.
• Design, develop, and implement a global total rewards philosophy and strategy, which supports talent attraction, retention and engagement.
• Oversees the design, implementation and administration of the organization’s Benefits and Staff Care programs as well as sets a strategy for these programs and services based on Agency goals and resources.
• Oversee and approve research, design, development, implementation & support of a comprehensive global total rewards program ensuring alignment with organizational strategy while balancing market conditions and, internal equity.
• Champion the communication & education of compensation and total rewards programs throughout all levels of the organization including the design and implementation of communication tools improving understanding and the value of the programs.
• Develop and promulgate communication as it relates to the architecture and strategy development for all areas compensation and benefits.
• Provide strategic leadership in all aspects of total rewards globally including short- and long-term incentive plan design, performance management policies and processes, job evaluation policies and procedures, market data analysis, and internal equity analysis.
• Identify opportunities to improve HR processes and systems while building processes that scale effectively while boosting the productivity of our employees.
• Continually seek and foster organizational capability improvements (e.g., eliminate non-value added work, increase efficiency, streamline cross-regional work, build cross-functional alignment and build simple & scalable processes).
• Strategizes with Senior Leadership CRS’s global mobility programs including analysis and determination of appropriate packages for expatriates, international transfers, and other mobility events, employee tax implications with the ability to quantify cost effectiveness.
• Oversee development and presentation of appropriate statistical analysis and metrics
• Set and maintain consistent simple direction for the entire team. Ensure all direction is aligned globally. Provide leadership, coaching and training to his/her group to develop global total rewards strategies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with HR stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
• Ensure adherence to corporate compliance, legal and regulatory standards
• Accountability for vendor partnerships for effective service delivery
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Develops Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Skills and Knowledge:
• The ability to provide leadership in the design, development and implementation of comprehensive compensation and benefit strategies
• Demonstrated ability to balance market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness,
• Knowledgeable in labor market trends
• Knowledge of COLA, Danger pay and international compensation practices.
• An international orientation with understanding of other markets
• An aptitude to improve processes and efficiencies for optimizing team and program performance
• The ability to define, manage deliver and benchmark HR services
• Strong business judgment, analytical, prioritization, and project management skills
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and command skills
• Strong collaboration and execution skills
• Able to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
• Requires expert level proficiency and technical ability in using MS Excel. Strong proficiency with other MS Office tools and HRIS report-writing. ADP PC Payroll/HR Perspective experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to utilize excellent written and verbal presentation skills when interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others
Supervisory Responsibilities: Benefits Manager and Comp/Benefits Analyst
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Executive Leadership, Directors and Managers, HQ and Overseas Managers, Employees Globally
External: Directors with International NGOs professional groups. Vendors
• Requires a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field. GPHR/SPHR/PHR highly desirable
• Requires a minimum of eight-ten years of relevant experience in compensation and benefits.
• Previous experience with applying HR programs, policies and practices in multiple global offices.
• Ability to travel occasionally as needed.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
To apply, please visit: https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CRS/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1655&CurrentPage=1