This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL SERVICES
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Diocese of Paterson (Clifton, NJ)
The Diocese of Paterson is seeking an experienced Finance/Accounting professional to manage the Diocesan financial review program and annual budgeting processes for its Parishes and Schools. The Director Financial Services will also assist with long term financial planning for Parishes and Schools, and with maintaining financial policy and procedures for Parishes, Schools, and Cemeteries. The Director will oversee the financial and bookkeeping functions at parishes where the Diocesan CFO serves as financial administrator, and at parishes where the Diocese serves as outsourced bookkeeper.
Position supervises two staff in Financial Services department and reports to the Diocesan CFO.
Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions:
• Complete and oversee financial review program of Diocesan Parishes, Schools, and Cemeteries.
• Oversee parish based financial reporting where Diocese either serves as Financial Administrator or outsourced Bookkeeper.
• Assist with maintaining written Financial Policies and Procedures
• Provide hands on services to Diocesan locations to assist with budgeting, long term financial planning, meeting with Pastors, bookkeepers, Finance Councils, etc.
• Manage annual budget and annual report submittal process for Parishes, Schools, and Agencies.
• Assist with consolidating of Parish, School, and Cemetery financials on an annual basis.
• Provide continuing education opportunities for Parish and School bookkeepers.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting,
• 5-7 years’ experience in financial reporting required. Audit or internal audit experience a plus.
• CPA Designation preferred.
• Experience in a multi-location and/or non-profit or other religious organization highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, written and presentation communication skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.
• Appreciation and understanding of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Regular travel throughout the Diocese of Paterson is required.
• Weekend and evening hours to accommodate meeting schedules may be required.
• May require limited overnight travel to attend conferences or other professional development events. (77)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of paterson