This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR SCHOOLS AND ACADEMIES
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn (Brooklyn, NY)
The Director will oversee all aspects of fiscal management for the diocese’s schools and academies.
• Overall review of the schools/academies current accounting system, accounts payable, payroll, and tuition collection and provide recommendations for improving the system based on the Diocesan internal controls.
• Prepares the preliminary budget package in collaboration with the other Diocesan agencies and post on DioNet.
• Review the preliminary budget of revenue and expenditures of all schools/academies due in May and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Records and reviews the revised budget due in October.
• Prepares the school/academy annual financial reports and posts on DioNet.
• Review the Annual Financial Statement for the fiscal year for all schools/academies due in November.
• Collaborate with the Schools’ Office in the conversion process of parish schools into academies regarding financial readiness and make recommendations regarding financial matters.
• Be contact person for Directors and Academy Boards with respect to finances.
• Attend quarterly Preserving the Vision Steering Committee meetings.
• Participate in the Preserving the Vision Committee and attend their quarterly meetings;
o Subcommittee – Finance and Development
• Attend new academies’ Board of Directors orientation sessions.
• Assist in the training and implementation of the Tuition Assistance Committees.
• Provide financial guidelines for Universal Pre K programs.
• Provide direction and assistance to Crisis Schools (those in in need of financial intervention).
• College degree in Accounting and at least five (5) years’ experience in accounting field preferably in non-profit organization; CPA preferred
• Highly proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
• In depth knowledge of the Diocese of Brooklyn’s strategic plan for Catholic education, Preserving the Vision, as well as the mission and governance of the Parochial schools and Academies
• Knowledge of Church affairs, inner workings of Church environment and the tenets of the Catholic faith
• Mandatory execution of Confidentiality Agreement
• Previous supervisory experience desired
• Strong ability to solve complex problems
• Must have a dependable vehicle and valid driver’s license for business travel within the boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens
• Availability to attend mandatory evening and weekend meetings (217)
Incoming search terms:
- brooklyn diocese dionet
- Diocese Of Brooklyn Catholic Schools
- diocese of brooklyn ny office of fiscal management
- diocese of brooklyn office of fiscal management