This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, COORDINATOR, FACILITATOR OF FAITH FORMATION
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
St. Pius V Church (Providence, RI)
Director/Coordinator/Facilitator of Faith Formation
Summary: The full-time Director/Coordinator/Facilitator organizes the parish’s faith formation
programs for adults, and parish children not enrolled in the parish school.
• Develop and coordinate adult faith formation programs and activities.
• Develop an Adult Faith Formation Committee to assist with coordinating adult faith formation programs and activities.
• Coordinate the R.C.I.A. and R.C.I.C. programs, in collaboration with the parish staff.
• Provide for all the organizational details (i.e. enrollment, recruitment/training of catechists, ordering of materials, etc.) for the religious education program for parish children not enrolled in the parish school.
• Maintain accurate records and files, including attendance, permanent student records, and sacramental records.
• Implement diocesan adult volunteer Safe Environment Training mandate and Circle of Grace curriculum for children and maintain record keeping for audit.
• Attend Pastoral Council meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by Pastor.
• Prepare and administer the operating budget of the faith formation programs.
• Act as a liaison between the parish and the diocesan Office of Religious Education.
• Support grade 1 through 8 catechists with curricula and lesson plan assistance.
• Plan annual retreats for sacramental preparation classes to include both parents and children.
• Collaborate with the school staff on joint enrichment programs for both parish and school children (i.e. St. Nicholas Breakfast).
• Plan and implement, in collaboration with the school, sacramental preparation and celebrations for First Reconciliation (2nd grade), First Holy Communion (2nd grade), and Confirmation (8th grade).
• Develop formation meetings for religious education families of students in grades 1 – 8.
• Maintain the faith formation website.
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience working or volunteering for a Catholic entity.
• Practicing Catholic willing to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office required.
• Excellent relationship-building skills with a focus on service to others.
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Fr. Augustine Judd, O.P., Pastor, St. Pius V Church, 55 Elmhurst Avenue, Providence, RI 02908 by August 2, 2013. (364)
Incoming search terms:
- dr lori grace curriculum
- rc parish ft providence
- st pius v church providence
- st pius V church providence ri
- st pius v in ri
- st pius v sacramental records ri