This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
The Community Services Director is responsible for overall strategic and operational responsibility of Community programs and creates and executes plans successfully Catholic Charities-Diocese of Arlington. The Director provides strategic, tactical, and transformative leadership and ensures the creation, implementation and integration of programs in alignment with Catholic Charities mission, vision and strategic direction to help grow the agency to help transform the lives of more poor people. The Community Director is responsible for building relationships with organizations and agencies engaged in activities that are aligned with the work of Catholic Charities-Arlington Diocese and responsible to ensure that all programs come in on plan and budget. He/she is a member of Catholic Charities-Arlington Diocese senior leadership team and reports directly to the President& CEO. He/she is responsible for Education, Legal Services, Christ House, St. Margaret of Cortona Transitional Housing, Food Distribution, Emergency Assistance, and Migration and Refugee Services (MRS).
This position manages Program Directors and is the first point of contact for strategy, goals and development. He/she will work with Finance to have a direct relationship with financial reporting for the team and will assist Program Directors with the budgeting process. This candidate need to be a visible leader and be directly involved with the programs he/she oversees, breaking down silos with the executive team and other program directors and overall guide programs to be successful.
• Provides leadership, direction and coordination for fundraising, grant management and communication activities that strengthen Catholic Charities’ program capacity and services.
• Develops relationships and strategies that result in significant support from new and existing donors.
• Encourages collaboration and productively engages with others at varying levels within and outside the agency.
• Strategic thinker with a successful record of developing relationships with clients and internal staff which includes Chancery staff, key donors, parishes, clergy and pastors throughout the Arlington Diocese.
• Sets the strategic tone, direction and supervision of agencies which includes overseeing, client needs, staffing, strategy, quality of work, and budgeting.
• Consults with the Program Directors to assess existing agency capability of meeting client needs and assuring continuous quality improvement in the compliance of professional services with accreditation standards
• Supervises Program Directors to help them understand compassion and resources.
• Ensures the Program Directors are managing all aspects of the risk man agent, financial, Catholic Identity, strategy and development aspects of their programs. Gives opportunities for coaching in all areas.
• Ensures that HIPAA and Risk Management guidelines are followed.
• Demonstrated experience working with Board members.
• Managing budgets.
• Knowledgeable about the integration of psychology with the Anthropology of the human person in the Catholic Faith.
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree.
• 10+ years of relevant non-profit experience desired
• Experience managing multiple large programs of 10-20+ employees and programs with volunteers
• High level of detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of agency.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience of growing a department or organization.
• Prior experience with budget development, management and financial programs.
• Prior experience with agency-wide responsibility for program profitability, new business solicitation, and quality of program/customer service and Program Director development.
• Strategic thinker with a successful record of developing relationships with clients and internal staff.
• Experience with metrics and metric reporting
• Demonstrated experience with Best Practices for non-profit.
• Understands the workings of the Catholic faith and have strong Catholic values aligned with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls, please. EOE. (208)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic churches arlington tx
- community agencies in Arlington va
- community director services in the catholic church
- director of community services catholic charities arlington va