Executive, FT Employee
Catholic Charities Brooklyn (Brooklyn, NY)
Catholic Charities Brooklyn & Queens is currently seeking a Director for our Parish & Community Outreach and Services Programs.
Parish and Community programs offer support for our neighbors in need. Programs work closely with parishioners and community residents to develop the skills necessary to lead lives of independence and self-sufficiency. Programs support independence, self-determination and dignity. The services we offer through our Community Centers are extended via our mobile sites which serve hard-to-reach parish communities in Brooklyn and Queens. We also work closely with nearly 200 Diocesan parishes and more than 30 parish clusters to address community issues such as affordable housing, emergency preparedness, health care, immigration and bereavement.
Grounded in the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, the Director of Parish and Community Outreach and Services provides direction and leadership to the department in the implementation of services that benefit, and initiatives that engage parishes and communities. S/he has oversight of the outreach efforts of the Community Project Directors and of the services provided by the Community Centers, Disaster Case Management, Bereavement Services, and Ministry to the Disabled programs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related Human Services field.
• NYS LMSW or LCSW preferred.
• Minimum of six (6) years human services experience including three (3) years in a management/leadership position.
• Experience working with Catholic parishes and institutions
• Knowledge of network of human services in NYC a plus.
• Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching a plus.
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in computer software applications, specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
Please send resume and salary history/expectations attention to Kate Mikaberidze, HR Recruitment Coordinator, at [email protected] or Faxed: (718) 722 6189 with Parish & Community Services in Subject Line.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension, health and dental insurance, along with generous paid time off package.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org
Incoming search terms:
- brooklyn catholic church history
- catholic charities queens brooklyn
- charities in brooklyn ny
- recruitment coordinator catholic charities brooklyn and queens