This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, CAMPUS MINISTRY
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Fontbonne University (Saint Louis, MO)
The Director is responsible for supporting the faith development of the University community through liturgical celebrations and services, prayer and faith development activities, student leadership training and development, and direct ministry. The Director also works collaboratively with campus constituencies to foster the University’s Catholic identity, mission, heritage, and institutional vision. Administrative duties include departmental budget oversight and departmental assessment. The Director of Campus Ministry reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
The Director will:
• Coordinate, lead and develop teams around campus liturgies and prayer services
• Advise and co-advise student organizations
• Provide structured faith development opportunities, including retreat programming and weekly faith sharing groups
• Manage and develop student staff and leaders
• Collaborate with departments to plan service trips and pilgrimages
• Offer and be available for pastoral care to students, faculty, and staff
Preferred candidates will have a Master’s degree in ministry, pastoral studies, theology, or a related field, and a minimum of three to five years’ professional experience in ministry in a college/university setting.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills, demonstrated leadership ability, and a commitment to collaborative teamwork are essential. The Director must have the ability to support individuals from a wide variety of religious and ethnic backgrounds. Evening and weekend working hours required in addition to regular daytime hours.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Finalists will be invited to interview on campus. The approximate starting date is July 14, 2014.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and qualifications, resume, and a personal philosophy of ministry statement and contact information of three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Or via email at [email protected]
If applying via email, please indicate your name and the position in the subject line of the email.
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic college campus Ministry
- catholic universities in saint louis