This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, BISHOP HELMSING INSTITUTE
Religious Education, FT Employee
Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph (Kansas City, MO)
TO APPLY: Copy/paste into your browser: https://app.hireology.com/s/19175.
Position Title: Director, Bishop Helmsing Institute
The Bishop Helmsing Institute exists to provide comprehensive, highly accessible, culturally relevant adult continuing education in the Catholic faith which leads either to catechetical certification, or lifelong adult faith formation. The Director will lead program development and establish certification tracts for the institute as well as manage the staff, marketing and budget of the Institute. Some teaching and curriculum development is to be expected as needed.
• Ensure the Institute fully conforms with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the Magisterium.
• Assist in planning, researching and writing adult faith formation curriculum and materials. Teach classes as needed.
• Ensure all instructors utilize effective teaching methods displaying a knowledge depth and breathe of subject matter.
• Facilitate Institute strategic planning, including a grant funding stream.
• Drive Institute advertising and promotions at the Parish level.
• Overall accountability for staff management, student records, book store operations, DRE support, online courses, and website.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Display excellent teaching methods and have knowledge of catechetical processes, and ecclesial documents.
• Thorough knowledge of Sacred Scripture and Catholic doctrine.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop materials for use by adjunct instructors.
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to self-development and education in both theological understanding and teaching methods.
• Manage people and processes, while demonstrating servant leadership skills.
Master’s Degree in Catholic Theology, Scripture or Pastoral Studies.
Seven (7) years teaching experience.
Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience with blogging, and with basic website maintenance.
Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
Teaching experience with adult learners.
Graduate work in Doctoral studies.
Some written/spoken Spanish language skills.
The Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph offers a total compensation package that includes a base salary, health benefits, paid time off, and a 403(b) defined benefit Pension plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY: Copy/paste into your browser: https://app.hireology.com/s/19175. (90)